Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

scroolbars for the text and flash photo gallery in bluevoda?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scroolbars for the text and flash photo gallery in bluevoda?

I wanted to ask 2 things about bluevoda(Maybe I didn't find this function yet...)
    How to put text with scrollbars on the page. F.ex I have a image and I want to put text only on this image so, that is transporant and has scroolbars (because normaly this is really long and I dont want to have long pages all the time...)But I want to see the image behind..DO you have any idea how to do it in Bluevoda?
    and about photo gallery:
    I want to do some nice flash photo gallery - how to put it in bluevoda, I know, but I dont' know from where can I get the program or something else for doing nice flash photo album in to the bluevoda page?

Does anybody has any suggestions???
    Greetings,
    JM

www.debussy.juliamustonen.com
    www.juliamustonen.com

Re: scroolbars for the text and flash photo gallery in bluevoda?

Julia-
    The scrollingtext with a picture in the background- is this what you are refering to?- http://www.netisopen.com/test3/scrolltest2.html

If yes- then it is accomplished by setting the picture as a fixed background on one page along with the text that you want displayed.
    Then- have that page displayed in an I-Frame on the page that you wish it to appear.

As to the flash- in the bottom left of the BV web builder you will see a link to Video Tutorials. There is a video tutorial about installing flash on the web page.

If you need further help- just post back.

Cheers-

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Nice Andy!
      Brad Arnold.......
      www.baldwincomusic.com
      www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
      !Free Search Engine Submission!
      Talking Avatar for your web site!
      Free sound editor
      Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

[quote=Andy128]Julia-
        The scrollingtext with a picture in the background- is this what you are refering to?- http://www.netisopen.com/test3/scrolltest2.html

Thank you !!!this is ex., what I need!!!!!

I know, how to put flash on the BlueVoda site!But- I don't know, from where to find the flash photo albums, what is easy to edit and use...Maybe somebody knows that?

greetings,
        JM

www.juliamustonen.com

Comment

Flash albums- I would do a google search for them. There are plenty out there. It will boil down to your preference as to which one you think is most user friendly.

Not to the scroll picture thing-
          Find the picture you want and make it the size that you desire. Then open a blank page in BV. Click on page properties and set that picture to background. It will repeat all over the page- don't worry. Then go to View and then Click on Page Html. Click on the inside the body tag. In the white area- copy and paste this code;
          body style="background-attachment: fixed; background-repeat: ;"

This will make the background picture stay still.
          Now- in the upper left corner of this page- put the text you wish. Make sure it centers over your picture in the upper left corner. DO NOT CENTER THIS PAGE IN THE BROWSER. Name the page what ever you like. Save and publish.

Now on the page that you wish the picture and text to present / appear- create an I-Frame and position it where you want. Estimate the size to accomodate your picture and text. Set the I-Frame URL to that of the page that contains the picture and text. Save and publish. Thats it.

You can adjust the size of the I-Frame to center your picture and text.

Good luck. Post back if you have problems.

Cheers,

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy!
            Thank you!
            you wrote me the other email just befor I sent question email to you!
            now I will try to do it!

www.juliamustonen.com

Comment

I thought as much- lol! Good luck and I'll be around.

Cheers,

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Perfect!!!!is working!!!

www.juliamustonen.com

Comment

Excellent!

Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Maybe you know also, how to put links from outside I-Frame so, that is changes page inside I-Frame? or is it possble at all?

www.juliamustonen.com

Comment

Yes-

Lets say you wanted to display google in an I-Frame. You would create a link and set the "Target" to the name of the I-Frame that you wish it to be displayed in.

So if your I-Frame was named View, the link would look like this;
                      http://www.google.com and the target set to View

For an example- go back to http://www.netisopen.com/test3/scrolltest2.html

Here are a couple neat tutorials about I-Frames and ways to display pictures in them.
                      http://netisopen.com/computer/web/webpagestuff.html
                      **Just scroll down the page a little for the I-Frame tutorials.

Cheers-

Andy
                      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy!
                        Wow!!!
                        Thank you so much!

Maybe you know also how to change stile of the scroolbars, (not the color, this I know...)
                        So that the scroolbar looks really elegant like arrows up and down or just some script in java (looking like flash site scroolbars) or something?
                        (soon will send you like with new website done with your tutorals!)

greetings,
                        JM

www.juliamustonen.com

Comment

here is a problem with the fixed background again...
                          I put in in the "between b.t." in html, then background in mozila stay still, but I see the html text in the page.
                          when I put it in the inside body, then background is not fixed to place...and I looked again Andys examples and is perfect staying still in mozila too and no text!what am I doing wrong look:
                          www.staffanscheja.com/biography.html (background fixed, but you see the text)
                          and
                          www.staffanscheja.com/repertoire.html (put background html in the inside body...stay still in explorer and netc., but in mozila not. )
                          What should I do???
                          geerings,
                          JM

www.juliamustonen.com

Comment

ps.
                            I work on PC, but in macintosh the background does not stay still too...

and one more problem, the border in the table is not visible in mozila...but in explorer it looks like I made it in bluevoda...but after publishing in the mozila looks different and on the macintosh compiter too...does somebody knows anything about this problem?

www.juliamustonen.com

Comment

Unfortunately- Mozilla handles the html background commands a little different and in some cases, it does not perform as is does in IE.

If the way it appears in Mozilla is totally unacceptable- then change the display entirely.

Andy
                              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
                              X