No announcement yet.

setting up link on my website for ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting up link on my website for ....

-- I need to set up a link on my website that our "Employee's" can click on that will direct them to our work office server or program. Basically set it up so that when the click on it, it automatically takes them to our program on our network server (act / sage that is the program on our workstation server/network) where they can get into our programs/our network.

Once we get this program at the office in place - i'll need to put this link on the website for when our salesmen are traveling and using their laptops, they THEN can click on a button on my website and it takes them OUT of my website PAGE and opens up ANOTHER page for them that is our company program.

I know that someway I have to "redirect them" with this LINK, but need to know once this program is installed to our network in a few days, how do I do that?? How do I create the LINK and what do I put in the "properties" or url properties in this Link that will do this redirecting to our network?

Hope this makes sense .... if you need for me to clarify, please let me know.

KatieC

Re: setting up link on my website for ....

I don't think you can do it. Someone with more experience on this field than me might give you a more precise answer, but i think you cannot connect to your work computer through a http internet connection, unless your company has it's own server connected to the net as host server, and your program files are on this server as html pages.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Your best bet is hire a proffessional to do this for you.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
        Your best bet is hire a proffessional to do this for you.
        a professional "what"? Network person? Our company is putting in a network and has a professional doing this, but he said that putting a link up for them to connect to the internet would be MY area. That it would be just setting up a link that would direct them to any other website just like links do.

-------- Better Phrased ---------

Like people with websites set up links on their internet to say "google" or to someone else's site .... the same way you all set your links up here under your signature in a way ....
        I need to set up THE SAME TYPE of link so that when people are going through MY website and looking at it, they'll see my link there and can click on it and it would take them to our ALREADY SET UP INTRANET.

See, our INTRANET would already be set up by someone .... it would have it's own intranet address and all. So say the address to our intranet was www.haydellintranet.com ..... i'd need to set up a link so that when people clicked on *CLICK HERE FOR BUSINESS LOG ON*
        it would take them to that www.haydelintranet.com just like if the address there was www.google.com .

Does THAT help ask the question? (at least a little more?)

Comment

Do you mean just creating a hyperlink on your website that say CLICK HERE and redirects to your intranet?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Do you mean just creating a hyperlink on your website that say CLICK HERE and redirects to your intranet?
            yes, that's EXACTLY it .... when you click on the button, it takes you to ANOTHER site (which would be the intranet so that they can look at THAT and utilize THAT).

Comment

This is called a hyperlink...Please click the to watch the tutorials on hyperlinking.

http://www.vodahost.com/tut_bluevoda.htm

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

This is called a hyperlink...Please click the to watch the tutorials on hyperlinking.

http://www.vodahost.com/tut_bluevoda.htm
                Oh?? It's just a "regular" hyperlink? Nothing special? I know how to do that, ok ..... I thought because it was an INTRAnet, it would be something special, but THAT I know how to do .... so if it's that simple, great. Thank you!

Comment

I was under the impression that an INTranet was an internal net within a company and not usually available to the internet.
                  Would you not have to provide a link to the company url and then the company would provide a landing page with appropiate login and passwords to gain access to the INTranet ??
                  Have fun
                  Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                  Newbies / Beginners Forum
                  FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                  My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                  Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia
                    I was under the impression that an INTranet was an internal net within a company and not usually available to the internet.
                    Would you not have to provide a link to the company url and then the company would provide a landing page with appropiate login and passwords to gain access to the INTranet ??
                    yep, this is exact. the company will give me the LANDING PAGE information, and i'd have to create a link that TAKES THEM to that landing page -- see what i'm saying??

Comment

Yes, I see what you are saying....in that case Your page would have the login details etc....Yes??
                      Have fun
                      Regards..... David

Comment

I hope so David - as it certainly needs to be protected. If so - then it's just a matter of a link to get to the page the people need to have passwords to.
                        Beth
                        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

I thought we were talking about visitors being able to connect to the company's server and work with a PROGRAM installed on the company server. By intranet we usually intend a LAN or group of LANS, for sharing resources and information through a company. This Intranet can be Internet, MAN or WAN based. The intranet has two different aspects (or should i say parts). One is like Web , meaning that communication is made through a software like IE, FF or other browser. The files that are shared are static or dynamic pages but anyway they behave as inetrnet html files, taking information from databases and working with scripts that make database management. Typical application is the intranet of big automobile companies, where with an internet connection, a branch located f.e. in Rome, can look up the central database to see if a spare part exists in the central store or not. In this case, access from the internet is possible, and the link is a simple hyperlink.
                          That's because the database and the scripts that manage it are web like.

The second part instead of an intranet, is that of sharing applications (as i do in my job) where there is a "core" on the server accessible by all locations of the intranet and a copy of the application is also installed on every workstation. Every single user has access to the core, which also has the duty of keeping up with real time updates toward all other users, checking for conflicts etc. In this case, since these applications are very specific ones, and i don't know many (to be honest, i don't know ANY) of them being able to export the results in a form that can be useful for an Internet based work, it is not possible to access the application from the internet.

Since the original post was talking about using a program on the company server, i must have misread the post, supposing that we were talking about this second case.
                          Navaldesign
                          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia
                            Yes, I see what you are saying....in that case Your page would have the login details etc....Yes??
                            Correct ...

Comment

In that case both Beth and I are in agreement, a simple link can be provided to your company after you have vetted the caller/client.
                              Have fun
                              Regards..... David

Comment

Working...
                              X