Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Responders

Hi Guys
    I am trying to set up a Auto Responder, but when I try and put a link into the main text body, it wont come through as a link, just text.... any idea how I get it as a link?

Another one, if I set up an auto responder how do I get to keep the email address that I am sending to? If they are no getting to my inbox?
    Thanks
    Beca
    www.eft-emotionalfreedomtechnique.com
    www.thespyshop.ws
    www.globalspystore.com

Re: Auto Responders

In Control Panel modify your message.

Tick the 'HTML message' checkbox

type in the body

<a href = 'http://www.yoursite.html/'>Type what to display here</a>

I don't quite understand your second question.

If you use outlook you need to set up an account in it to receive your mail from your autoresponder email address.

The auto responder just sends the writer a reply but their email will still be sent on to you.

Regards
    Richard

Comment

within your unlimited emails thru VodaHost you will see an area to set up your autoresponder, forwarder, and other options.
      If Im being too fague let me know!..

Comment

Hi Its Sam Here
        Can Anyone Teach Me How To Add Prewritten Messages Into
        The Autoresponder,And I Would Like To Send Sequence Messages
        With Different Days Gaps Like 1st 1day, 2nd 3 days later & So on..

Comment

When you set up an auto responder with your mail, there is a text area where you can type your message...

In so far as sending different messages to the same people one day, two days, three days later ... you would need to do this via an email list and send out a newsletter or such ...

The auto responder works when someone emails you ... and doesn't repeat itself unless they email you again ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok i got a question about the auto responder. I did a test on it and why am i getting the auto response message sent to me???...It should be sent to the persons email that filled out the form..correct. How do i get it sent to that person. And not back to me??

Comment

I get a response from it as well and it notifies me that the form or whatever ive done there has been used and the contents of the form.. or just notice that the thank you page has been hit. It goes to your person too if thats how you have set it up.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

hi..thanks. I do get the info that the person who fills out my form sends. But i also get an email saying "thank you for your message" The person should be getting that..not me. I tested it out and that is how i know that the person is not getting the email. here is my contact page.. http://www.ladyacedesigns.com/contact.php

Comment

You are having it redirected to a thank you page instead of the old way.. thats why you create the success page.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

ok so what is it i have to do. so i know when i used the bv php method it states that you need to create a success and error page. SO is that blocking my "thank you message" from going to the person? I may just have to manually send he messages out if i have to "twick" the program..

Comment

You can look up the old posts about making the forms and copy the code. It will notify and email the sender. Its here on the forum in the forms forum i think.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Actually no thank you. I will just take my entire site down and will end up using another program such as dreamweaver to do it. I really dont have time to tweak programs when they should have been built correct the first time before putting them out for the public to use. I have numerous problems with bv from not loading in IE to the forms. And the whole idea of spending all day "trying" to find the answer to question in a forum is ridiculous!! No offense to you Karen. Thanks for all your help and getting back to me when you could. But im ready to go to another hosting service.

Comment

Its much harder to do the forms in dreamweaver. I mean I could go find you the codes. Its not that the form is coded wrong.. its coded to do exactly what you chose it to do, with the success page templates. You can add your code or take a couple of minutes and find it on here. Not that difficult really. I could go find it for you.. but I have things to do at times too. Ive been around the block a few times...youll find out that vodahost is pretty darn good.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Im sorry im not understanding...a code for what??? To tweak it...?? The form is fine, nothing is wrong with that. The problem is the auto responder. So i have to find a code to fix the problem that lies with the program. I would rather learn dreamweaver and learn the correct coding for something that i know will load in ALL browsers, than to spend time lookin for an answer to fix one of my many problems with BV.

Comment

No.. You have to have coding/script for the form. The problem is NOT the autoresponder. The script you chose to use sends it to the success page.. let me see if i can find that tutorial and show you how to do one from scratch. Even if you do one in dreamweaver you will still need coding/script to make it go to the autoresponder.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X