Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with pictures

Hello all,
    I am having a few problems with adding photo's to my site. Some look ok but others seem to look pretty naff. Can someone have a look at the pictures on my site. Look at the home page, the picture of both my cars and me looks ok but take a look at the picture of my car with concorde, it looks inderior. I dont really know how or why i am getting different quality pics.

Thanks
    Dave
    www.eleganceweddingcarhire.com
    Dave

Re: help with pictures

Well I see what you mean abaout the differences. The one with the Concorde is dark, and the ones of your Rolls are all pretty pixelated..
    I am not expert, but I would say the resolution isn't what it needs to be to be clear.
    Are you resizing your pictures before you put them on the site? Are you making them bigger by stretching them once they are there?
    There is a picture resizer as a free download from BV, and you can make them the size you want, so no adjustments needed once you place them.
    Hope this helps
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Hi Dave,
      Silver/grey/chrome together is notoriously hard colours to have on the web. Couple of thing that you may like to do is

1. Don’t use the tabs on the side of the images to make them smaller. I think this is what may be wrong with a couple of these images.
      2. On this page http://www.eleganceweddingcarhire.co...ver_cloud.html some of the images are at 200kb & some at 50 kb . It would help a bit to have them all a similar size. As if one image looks better, it will show up the bad ones even more. 50-80 kb should be fine on this size image.

Try taking your original images and resize the dimensions 350X250px (save) & then get them down to 300kb & put them on this site http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/imageoptimizer/index.php to see how low you can take them before they don’t look good (will give you a choice of about 10 images).

Hope it helps a bit.

Chris.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks, I have just used pix resizer, they do seem to be improving.
        Dave

Comment

I like the dynamics.com site,thanks for that.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X