getting custom template on each page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting custom template on each page

Well I created my own template. I found a header and added my logo to it - then I added horizontal navigation (home contact us and faqs) to the header. Then I created vertical navigation down the left side using the tool to make a rectangle then I gradiated the color of this area and added navigation buttons to that for each page.

So I like what I have come up with and started creating a home page. Then I saved the home page. Now when I move on to the next page I do not know how to get this template on the page. After saving the page, I realized I could save it as a template so I did. I did watch a tutorial that made it appear that it I saves as a template the next time I did new page it would prompt me to pick a template and then I could choose the one I saved. Unfortunately every time I pick new page I get no prompt just a blank page. I even thought, ok, I can try to use it as an image, but since I can not figure out where this template is saved to I can not find it to insert it as an image.

What am I doing wrong. Please help.

Julie

Simply go to:

File>New Page> From Template

It should then allow you to choose the template you saved.

Good luck.
    ::Steven.H::

Comment

Originally posted by Steven.H
      Simply go to:

File>New Page> From Template

It should then allow you to choose the template you saved.

Good luck.
      Thanks Steven, I can't believe I missed that. I kept just clicking on the icon for a new page. I really appreciate your help.

Julie

Comment

Originally posted by jel3412
        Thanks Steven, I can't believe I missed that. I kept just clicking on the icon for a new page. I really appreciate your help.

Julie
        Well let me ask one more thing regarding this template I created. Lets say I created it and then did x number of pages, but then realize I left off an element, for example, I realized that I should really include my contact information and copyright info at the bottom. Once you did the pages is there a way to easily add this element both to the template (for future pages) and to the already created pages or am I just stuck manually adding to each already created page?

Julie

Comment

Re: getting custom template on each page

Hi Julie, this is Don from www.Donaffaires.com
          The question you are asking is exactly what I wanted to know as well. I work with 3 different scroll bars and use them to link my pages together on my site. I like the design but if I would create (in the future) 60 pages it seems rather unpleasant to put a link in manually, each time i create a new page, on all my earlier created pages in order to have access to any page you want to visit on my site from any page where you are, at that moment. I have put this page in my favourites and shall have a look on a regular basis as I am indeed very curious how this can be solved.
          Otherwise I must say, working with BV is fantastic. Keep up the good work, surf with a smile, Don.

Comment

Hello again, well that went faster than I thought. I just needed to formulate the question correctly and I found the answer. (Well for me it is.) I hope this will help you out. Have a look here:

Hope that this helps, cheers, Don

Comment

To both of you.. this is a method well worth learning. I learnt the hard way after making a site with over 700 pages and then one day realising I had to make a serious change to the design... wel... it took me more than 6 months to redo....

Since then I have rebuilt this site ensuring any parts of any site I make now that could potentially require a change at some point, e.g. banners, navigation links, footers etc are all built on a master page and then imported into each page, giving just one page amendment to alter a whole site.
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks Ramsey

I shall try to experiment with this as soon as I have set up my basics. I am still trying things out and busy to find a 'look'. I'm slowly getting there. It is nice to discover that it starts to get easier to go around in the program and try things out. I never thought I would enjoy myself so much by creating a website.

Cheers Don.

Comment

Working...
                X