shopping cart questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shopping cart questions

must I create all of my subpages before installing the shopping cart. I dont understand the shopping cart tutorials at all. how do I know it will be install where i want it. I have to say the shopping cart deal is the hardest to understand. And I wanted to use paypal "website payment standard" as my payment system, how do I put that in.

Any help would be appreciated
    Thank you
    DavidH
    Have Fun, Be Safe :
    Self Defense Products
    Hidden Cameras

Re: shopping cart questions

David
    If you are using paypal standard version - you simply have to create the add to cart codes for all you products and add that to the page. You will need to do it as you build the page so you have the room for it.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

This is what i dont understand, how do i put it in, how do i put it in my subpages. Im sorry but the tutorials do not do a very good job in explaining this. When I click on the new installation I am completly lost. I dont know
      Have Fun, Be Safe :
      Self Defense Products
      Hidden Cameras

Comment

David, I apologize - I missed that you are building in oscommerce? If that's the case, you won't be adding the code the same way, but you'll be adding paypal as your processor to the site and using the oscommerce built in shopping cart. You'll have to follow the instructions for adding products to the oscommerce site, they will automatically have buy buttons - and you'll have to follow the oscommerce and paypal instructions for adding paypal as your processor.
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

thanks that helps, but another question , how do i install the shopping cart in my subpages ,oscommerce that is. The installation part im not understanding. there is a area that says "install in directory". what do i put there if any thing.
          I dont want the shopping cart showing up on my index page, just all of my sub pages.
          Thank You
          David H
          Have Fun, Be Safe :
          Self Defense Products
          Hidden Cameras

Comment

Your'e going to need an oscommerce user or their manual or their forum for that - they do have their own forum also - otherwise, hopefully someone here who's using it will see your post and help you.

BTW, it doesn't hurt to have it on the home page - that is the page people see the most - and even while navigating the site, they will come on and off the home page.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank You Beth. You have been very helpful

David
              Have Fun, Be Safe :
              Self Defense Products
              Hidden Cameras

Comment