Is it poosible to have multilangual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it poosible to have multilangual?

I am curious i seen some sites around no by BV that they have a language selector on there sites so others can view there site in there own language is it possible for BV to have it? and if it is where or how do you do it?
    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Re: Is it poosible to have multilangual?

Thats a very good question Jim. Ive not thought about that. Maybe you should take this over to "wish list" and see if it is an option or a wish?!
    Cool site, love the background photo!..and the music is perfectly eerie!..

Comment

thank you but i'm off to re do site the fog is creating unusual side effects so now i am removing the fog effects from all pages so now i have to re do the buttons and i figured i'd set background to each page different instead of same background.
      "Jim"

Comment

A language selector (usually a flag) is nothing more than a link to the pages of the site writen in that language. You create separate pages (f.e. english, italian, french etc) and you link to the appropriate language pages through these language selectors or drop down menus.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

oh boy thats gonna be tough i dont know any language other than english especially creating seperate pages with different language.
          "Jim"

Comment

naval heres another question I am going to attempt to do the language by recreating my entire site from scratch and place each new page i create with bv and place them in there perspective folders like main folder goes to my site is tr for "translate" and each of the pages will be like this naghosthunters.com/tr/it/index.html...etc now my question is this after i create the site and go to publish it it automatically goes to my public_html so how do i place thr tr folder and al its content to my server and all files to go from bvp to html/php? without over writting my site in english? does any of that makes sense?
            "Jim"

Comment

You need to create, both on computer level as well as on site level a directory structure that will allo you to do so.

I myself have started to build my own pages in english and french. So on my computer, i have the following folders: BlueVoda folder is the general folder, and i have in there separate folders: f.e. "it" for italian pages, "en" for english, and "fr" for french. My work is more complex than that so i have subfolders in each one of them (for PDF files, Autocad files in password protected directories, one folder for each of my designs so clients can loggon in and download them, image folders, etc) but you don't need to go that far.

I have recreated EXCACTLY the same structure on my site, so i don't get confused: when i publish a page from my computer, i just take care to publish it in the same folder on my site.

That's all. You just need to pay some attention to the links. The "tr" is not necessary, a simple "en" for english, "fr" for french and so on would be enough without complicating your links too much.
              Navaldesign
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thanks naval i finally did it in english, french, german, italian, and spanish had to make pages into 8859-1 easten european iso then build each page from scratch i used several translators dont know if the words are correct due to different language has different meanings. if you are italian please check the italian flag and see if it looks almost accurate please.
                "Jim"

Comment

Hmmm.. I'm afraid that there are too many translation and syntax mistakes. An italian visitor would understand the meaning of your text, but would consider the page highly unprofessional.

This is the reason why i have not yet made my pages in other languages. I found out that automatic translators are VERY far from being accurate.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

eh figured thats why i wanted feed back from people with that language thanks getting rid of language hard work now the easy part delete 4 days of work oh well oh and naval you need to tell me what you did to get my stuff installed through cpanel i have my own forum that is same as phpbb uses mysql etc but as with coppermine unable to create a directory i called it lobby for the directory then nothing happens same as before hank told me if someone else added coppermine then the problem is me so now i come to you for guidance.
                    thanks
                    jim
                    "Jim"

Comment

I did nothing special with Coppermine. Just installed through Fantastico. I suggest that you read carefully the instructions that came with your forum script. Probably, it requires a Database installation before you can go on. As already said, read carefully the installation instructions.
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Re: Is it poosible to have multilangual and a folder instead of a website in server ?

how to use another language like arabic is it possible to have folder to try instead of net server website.
                        and how to use bv without bvmenu page?

best regards
                        mabruk elbinani

Comment

Working...
                        X