PHPBB Skins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHPBB Skins

I have a question. How do I get the files that I downloaded from the phpbb website? it is telling methese directions:

1. download the style(s) of your choice from the styles download page
    2. unpack the zip(s) and place the files in their own directory in the /templates/ directory inside your phpBB2 directory. if your server is online somewhere, then you'll first need to unpack to a directory, then upload it to your server (Make sure that the folder has exactly the same name (case sensitive) as the cfg and css file. courtesy of black fluffy lion)
    3. go to your administration control panel
    4. under "styles admin", click on the link "add"
    5. you will find a list of styles that are present in the templates/ directory but that haven't been installed to your forum. behind every style, you see an "install" link. click on that link to install the style.
    6. if you've done this for all the styles that you wanted to install, then have fun! they're now available to your users, or to you to set as the default style in general admin => configuration

I still dont understand where I can find #5... Im Stuck!
    "Why try hard to fit in....When you were born to stand out!"
    www.pricelessbeauti.com

Re: PHPBB Skins

Wants you have upload the skin folder in to the templates folder of your forum, check the folder and make sure that all folders and files have been upload or copied across. then go to your forum sign in go to your admin. on the left scroll down until you see style admin click the ADD link page appears on right your should see the skin you uploaded click install, that's it your done . now you can ether go to your profile and change your own skin or in admin click the configuration link under General admin scroll down to style and change the default

Comment

How do I upload the folder into the templates folder. when i download the folder is that when it ask me the location of the file?
      www.pricelessbeauti.com

Comment

first you download on to your computer.
        then you use your ftp manager to copy the folder to your server. into the forum templates folder.

Comment

ooook thanks very much i think i got it now
          www.pricelessbeauti.com

Comment

Working...
          X