Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soholaunch - Inventory Data Upload & Instant Population possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soholaunch - Inventory Data Upload & Instant Population possible?

I am new to Soho and BlueVoda...but have been plunking away and trying.

My questions of the day, are --

Is there a way to upload an Excel spreadsheet that has my list of inventory, description and prices, as well as Item/Sku numbers and have that automatically populate the Shopping Cart - Add New Products aspect of Soholaunch?

I am finding it very tedious to type in all that product info one by one in order to build up a catalogue!!!

And secondly, as to creating a gallery/catalogue look for customers' quick browsing on your products, is the photo album the only thing available to use? And again, it becomes very tiresome to retype and retype the same info again and again.

I am a work at home mom with two babies so my time is limited and I am finding this to be difficult to even get launched because of all the redundant data that needs to be put in.

I already FTP'd a database (excel spreadsheet) but can't go beyond that!

Help!!!

JB
    jemmuzik@earthlink.net

Re: Soholaunch - Inventory Data Upload & Instant Population possible?

JB

In soho admin panel, click on file manager, and fourth option down is a folder for uploading spreadsheets and csv files. Im not sure about sku numbers but it would load a catalog number, the builder sku numbers arent static, but I think it might populate them after you upload. I havent tried it yet.

The gallery depends on if you just want a picture albumn or something linking to the product. What i do is drag and drop product, like 30 at a time on to a page. In create page, drag the shopping button to a square, and then it gives you a choice of product to display in the drop down box.
    See if that gives you what you want!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

oops i forgot to tell you , the upload file button is on the top right hand side of the page, but click on the spreadsheet folder first to open it and then the upload button and browse to your file and then click upload.

You will probably have to go and assign your uploaded products to categories, etc if it doesnt follow the format of soho attributes, and you might also check the manual and tutorials for specifics on how to do this.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I uploaded an excel spreadsheet that has the values for what would be the headings for the shopping cart, such as Description, Unit Price, Catalog Ref Number, Part Name (Title), Part No. (SKU Number), etc (yep and even renamed all my headers on the Excel spreadsheet to match the attributes on Soho)...but even though the spreadsheet is uploaded now, it did not auto populate the "Add New Products" option to the Shopping Cart,nor immediately create new products. I STILL have to manually type in all that info in order to build the inventory of products!

Help please.

Comment

Go to your mysql in the control panel, and then scroll down to the bottom to the mysql portion and download all the tables in that database to an excel spread sheet. Thats how you would get your formatting I believe. Did you read the manual or the tutorials for this? Ill look it up and i will see if i can find the answer for you. But thats where I would go to find the right formatting and attributes.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Ok, You can both upload and download from the store builder using the site data table feature

heres the link to the tutorial.

http://www.vodahost.com/soholaunch_users_manual.htm

I built mine from scratch so i didnt have the luxury of a .csv to play with, but I have done it on the my sql end recently for another store.

Storebuilding is tedious. Fact of life. Besides, you arent going to want the same descriptions etc that everybody else has for your products, you want to be special!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

jb,

I went to soholaunch forum and found some more info for you.

http://forum.soholaunch.com/showthre...ht=.csv+upload

http://forum.soholaunch.com/showthre...ht=.csv+upload

not only is learning a new program and store building tedious, you also have to read and search whats available. I had to learn the hard way too. I hate reading the documentation, but it sure saves some frustration.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen,

Thanks for the links. I am also searching around and yes, my level of frustration is heightened by the fact that I am pretty noobish at all this, although I believe I am a fast enough learner!...In the process of converting all my current excel data to that format.

Gonna post back to let you know how it goes :)

Comment

Working...
                X