YouTUBE Goobbled Up: Instant Billionaires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YouTUBE Goobbled Up: Instant Billionaires

Rather inspiring that YouTUBE was recently purchased from two entrepranuers who also started out in a garage using a chalkboard to design a business using readily available technology to make their IDEA a reality......

It's amazing really, that about a year later they would accept an offer of $1.65B in high-value stock (so they forego paying total taxes) and keep control of the daily operations.

What is not surprising to me, however, is that ideas are still out there in the online arena, and with commitment and perseverance, they can pay off big. I know how important VodaHost is to me and my ventures, as we try to scramble to repair our past experiences, and I already have a few ideas up my sleeve for future projects.

Anyone else have plans they can share?
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Re: YouTUBE Goobbled Up: Instant Billionaires

Future plans, not yet .. lol .. top secret :D
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Jeremy!

I know I asked a BIG question, and how unnerving it is to hint at anything...I'm the same way, having been burned in the past.

I can say, though, that I've already had 2 offers for the domains I've kept that have "TV" in them.....Sheesh! Does that mean I've become one of those low-life domain speculators?????

Comment

Haha! .. did you sell them for some sweet cash?
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

LOL...no, I just had a couple of offers. They're really good, so I'll probably use them later myself.

Have a need for your expertise, Jeremy (and too lazy to email you LOL).
          I need like 5 "panels" made up to insert into a marquee to mimic a Flash feature: the widths will vary (120w, 70w, 40w, 25w, and 10w) but all are 268 tall (photo size), and all will be those semi-opaque/transparent "panes" (like the slides you put under the microscope) to oscillate over pictures while still letting the image show through. Know what I mean?

(Take a look at the effect on a Template here: http://www.templatehelp.com/aff/prev...h.html&i=10855 ) They show a couple that are "brownish, but I prefer "white" or glassine.

Let me know how much, and you'll get it tomorrow before I leave for my trip.

Comment

LOL.. I was wondering why you wern't e-mailing me! .. yes, I know what you mean. Do you want the exact thing or something simular? I will e-mail you soon with price etc. because here aint the right spot, lol
            Best regards,
            Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

"They show a couple that are "brownish, but I prefer "white" or glassine."

Really clear......like taking an "objct" in BV and the edge to one side almost opaque, and about 95% glass on the other.
              Catch an episode of CSI Miami, and you'll see exactly what I mean by "microscope slides" in the opening credits...these used in the template example above are close, but they have inserted some color and are the whole pane....

(it's been used forever in Flash, but I am impatient, right?)BTW, I did email you...impatience again. Sorry!

Comment

Haha! Yes, I know what you mean with the CSI etc. if you've sent an e-mail to the support, the customer service will take care of that or forward it to me soon.

Unless you e-mail me to my personal e-mail - which I have sent you an e-mail to your diamond one ..
                Best regards,
                Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Can we buy stock in Voda Hosting so we'll be set
                  when Google makes an offer?............
                  Brad Arnold.......
                  www.baldwincomusic.com
                  www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
                  !Free Search Engine Submission!
                  Talking Avatar for your web site!
                  Free sound editor
                  Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by lovethatbluegrassmusic
                    Can we buy stock in Voda Hosting so we'll be set
                    when Google makes an offer?............
                    Hmmmm!
                    How many Generals do you think there will be by then? There will always be a core group to any Community, and the dynamics of VodaLand being founded on peer support and individual progress directly reflects the global influence every client has contributed to: it would be interesting to know for sure the statistical representation of leading websites VodaHost technologies has made possible, and thereby get a glimspe of how our footprint influences the overall web trends and shares!

Imagine that if VodaHost has 40,000 actual clients (with an average 2.5 websites each - when I'm "finished" I'll have at least 11 accounts and ?? websites) and less than half actually have registered in VodaTalk (and only 2 in 10 have posted more than 100 times), how far-reaching has the depth of VodaHost's website building knowledge base spread and influenced the total WWW population? I remember when I was a "Daddy" customer that I pined for a Support Forum as rich as this, and I am aware of huge numbers of "visitors" that utilize VodaTalk much in the same way I did!

That is the kind of impact that is attractive to Google, whose appetite for anything viable and remotely connected to internet growth or revenue seems unquenchable. VodaHost (and Blue Voda) is fast becoming a Standard on the web - which is a GOOD thing - but I prefer they plan on evolving into a leading ISP rather than groom themselves to become another subsidiary......

(Being Privately Held doesn't hurt either!)

Comment

You Tube, My Space are very simple ideas, I could have exact clone duplicate scripts made in a week, you can even by duplicate scripts for $99 off some websites....But that is not the point, These sites and countless others have one thing in common, It is called the First Mover Advantage. The lads behind these sites actually got off their butts and made it happen. How many times have you thought "What a simple idea" or “I could have done that”. The fact of the matter is we all have missed countless opportunities that could have paid off big time.

Remember the stupid pixel advertising site “The Million Dollar Homepage” . This kid sold worthless pixels and made millions, I think he made over a million by double selling pixels and he made another 5 million through other promotions on his site.

It was a stupid idea but he had the First Mover Advantage, I know for a fact that VodaHost hosted over 200 copycat pixel sites that almost all have closed down by now.

The point is when you see a opportunity, Grab it! Do it! Make it Happen! or else sit back and watch in amazement as the pixel boy rakes in the cash.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Entirely agree.. The First Move Advantage is sure a forceful factor.. At the same time, I think that web sites in general are a numbers game. The web business is all about numbers.. As you say, there is nothing magical about YouTube.. There is nothing magical about any website you see on the web.. What Google paid for was not a website, rather, what they paid for is 32million visitors per month. I am sure we can all do something with that if we had it. The old theory of buying leads is still live and kicking.. Your website is not making money, yet, it has the numbers, Bingo, you're rich because someone else that has a product for the numbers will pick it up and make you rich over night.. I still think 2 Billion dollars is a bragain for a website that pulls 32 million hits.. but hey, these boys were looking for $300 18 months ago..

The web fly phenomena is magical.. with one small cheap sugar cube, you will have millions of flies buzzing... The key is to come up with the sugar cube and place it in a way noticeable by the flies.

AltaVista is older than Google, Yahoo started with a guy that had no place to sleep when he first moved to Silicon Valley so he slept under his desk and worked at night naked, PayPal started with a couple of guys that had a pc that was connected to the power with a Kettle lead.. the stories never end.. Ultimately, this shows one thing, the web business is a different game.. you don't have to be a millionnaire to make millions, but you can't be brain dead either..

Trust me.. if people love what you have to offer, they will come to you.. People = Numbers = Money.

Therefore, I prefer to work for the people.. the money will automatically follow.

Comment

*****, Carlos.....we are all on the same page. (Of course!)

Your comments all point to the very reason I am so satisfied with being a VodaHost client (after my infantile initial hesitation) with all of the means available for me to accomplish a HUGE part of my vision.

It is so very much a part of who I am to "partner" only with those who are capable of mutually benefitting from such dedicated progress - real progress, not just the "blah-blah-blah" we've all had to endure - and VodaHost makes it all come together for me, truly allowing me to personally take charge of my total internet future, which will make a very demonstrable impact on the entire sphere! And, therein lies the rub: how to complete each 'module' without spilling the beans, so to speak, as ideas or "techniques" so innovative come around only so often, and the key is to be the first with a working model before you are copied to death!!
                          (That's why I decided to continue working like mad in the background and not show off segments in the Showcase too, even though it would truly inspire my VodaPeers and give some credibility to many of my "advisories," you know? It's difficult enough running companies during the day and spending countless hours into the night doing it all myself, but I know it will pay off - big time!)

Bottom line: The internet represents opportunity on a boundless scale for those who have a vision, the commitment to transform it into reality, and the dedication to innovation that allows what some see as compromise to become merely an evolution of perspective!
                          The key to everything is to apply intelligence to every effort from the beginning, and to focus on The Plan.

Comment

Well i dont know if this is actually new but one of my clients just asked me to give a new idea for his company (extreme asia one of the biggest travel service providers asias) and we came up with online travel albums.
                            Like lets say you took one of their tours throu the himalaya and took 100's of pics then you can upload them and put tags on it.
                            Now well scipt it in such a way that when u upload it it automatically goes into a flash book in which you can actually turn the pages.
                            What you think of this idea?
                            I have lots of others of cause but i cant tell them all at once...
                            thx
                            j

Comment

mmm sounds like yahoo albums or countless lots of other online photo album places lol
                              ive been hearing that the biggest market online at the moment is chat/dating things like myspace because of the stay at home and meetpeople on virtual world like this place for example, just think how addictive this place is and why? its not the most exciting place in the world but thats just it it is the world like my freind vas from all the way accross from america where else would i get the oppurtuinty to meet great people in my own home aswell. its like a sopap opera once you get sucked in you need to see how it ends but it never does of course. any way the point i was tryin to make was that this is the future talkin online to meet new people thats why my space took of so big and cos it was the first of its kind to get out there to the kids etc, also i know a site over here called plentofish.com and it was started by a man in his bedroom and still is in his room but it is now the biggest in europe online free dating company with a script readily available fro free go figure that one and its not overcrowded with adds go on google buy it if your listening. im just waffling and i hope you forgive me for not adding much but i just wanted to rant, anyway i will get that good idea and i will sell to google and i will buy voda host and i will take over the world
                              The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                              Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Working...
                              X