Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page not Displayed for Control Panel

Hello,
    When I attempt to log onto the control panel, I can input my user name and password, but it will then go to "page not displayed"
    I know I am using the right server, I know my user name and password are correct.
    I did a support ticket but I am not sure if I got lost in the shuffle. I have not had a response since Oct 5th. Support did try to get in on their end and said it worked.
    Has anyone else experienced this problem? This seems to be the only place on the entire internet that I am unable to access (my control panel).

Any help is greatly appreciated. I cannot use or update my website without my control panel.

Thanks,

dee
    Digital Visual Memories
    Lasting Presentations
    MomsWeek

Re: Page not Displayed for Control Panel

Dee-
    First- can you access your web mail account? Please post back with that info.

Second- what has changed recently on the computer? Have you added a firewall, program, antivirus, router?

Do a through cleaning of the computer (temp files etc.) and then run a full system scan. Re-start the computer. Give it a try.

Diffucult to say just what the problem is, but the above will start the diagnosis process.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi and thanks for replying.

Yes, I can access my my web mail log in.

I was having problems hooking up an external dvd burner to my computer. I had called the tech support for "ask Dr. Tech". They had me download the "telnet" program they use so that they can access my computer remotely.
      I remember him telling me to go to the telnet option and click on directly connect to telnet ( or something like that ).
      Since that time, I have been unable to access my control panel.
      They were unable to resolve my dvd burner problem, so I deleted the telnet from my computer, took my computer to a computer shop, they repaird some damaged window xp files, and installed an internal burner.
      Everything is working great now, except that I am still unable to access my control panel.

I can go online just fine, and have no problem with any other site.

dee
      Digital Visual Memories
      Lasting Presentations
      MomsWeek

Comment

Did you by chance mention this in the support ticket?

At a minimum, I would call the computer shop and tell them the problem and see if they have any suggestions.

I am at a loss as to exactly what component would affect the access to Cpanel.

Can you access it via Firefox or any other browser or perhaps another computer?

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Ok, what happens when you try to access the cp? What message do you get. The problem is on your computer. Did you clean out cookies and temp internet files as suggested?
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beathers / Dee,
            I have researched it a little and it appears that some VPN connections can cause cpanel access problems. Just how- I am not sure at the moment. So it may be that the installation and subsequent deletion may have something to do with it.

Perhaps the cleaning will help. I will look into it further.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks Andy and Bethers. I also just now sent another support ticket request in.
              I am sure its something wrong with a configuration on my end but I am not computer **** enough.

Whew, already blew me away with "VPN Connection"....lol

dee
              Digital Visual Memories
              Lasting Presentations
              MomsWeek

Comment

Dee,
                Do you know how to restore your computer to an earlier date? If so, go in and do a system restore to a date BEFORE you played with that other program.
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

If you don't know how - it's really easy- and you can always change it back - just click on start - then on all programs - then on accesories - then system tools - finally system restore -

At that point pick a date BEFORE the problems that is allowed to be chosen. You'll probably then have to reboot after it finishes - but I bet it will take care of the problem.
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                  X