Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scanned Word Docs Instead of Power Point?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanned Word Docs Instead of Power Point?!

Apparently there's no way to make available to visitors to my web site, a Power Point presentation that someone emailed me as an attachment. (It seems like I have to have the original PP file and then, some how, put that on my web site.)

Alternatively, I thought I'd print out the 20 individual screen shots that comprise the PP presentation; scan each one, creating an individual file of each screen shot on my hard drive; and then create one web page for each PP screen shot. Not elegant, but that way the visitor can print out each one individually, which is ultimately what I want them to be able to do.

The only other alternative I can think of is to ask the visitor to submit an email request for the PP presentation and then I could simply forward a copy of the email that has the PP presentation attached to it. (This has the added advantage of capturing the visitor's email address.)

Please help with explanations of how to get the PP presentation on my web site, or any ohter suggestions - in non-technical, lay person's terms, if possible.

Thank you!
    Richard

Re: Scanned Word Docs Instead of Power Point?!

Rich-
    There is a way that you could take each page of the PP presentation and create a slideshow using common html code. What this would entail is putting each screen shot on a web page as you stated and then setting each page to re-direct to the next page at a specified number of seconds. Then the last page could re-direct back to your website or to where ever you wished.

Is that what you would like to do? If you e-mail me the PP file, I can show you what I mean. Actually- I will create it for you if you like.

Let me know.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy -

Thanks. A nice offer. But that's not exactly what I want to do.

I am marketing a system by way of directing people to a pre-recorded audio-visual presentation. But the system is a little involved (paying off a 30-year mortgage in 5 or 10 years, using a special line of credit. Actually, the software that drives the system is relatively easy to use, but the concept is a little bit much for the average homeowner.)

So, to help them out, I have a power point presentation - which is a series of screen shots taken of the AV presentation itself - that I want them to be able to print out (from my web site, somehow) and use to follow along with the AV presentation and take notes on.

I've attached a zipped file containing the PP presentation - I think. The attachment procedure is a little confusing, but it looks as though it has been attached, below. If not, tell me how to get it to you, OK?!

Thanks again for your offer to help. I'd like to take you up on it. just let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Richard

PS Does the option, "email notification", mean that I can be notified by email whenever someone replies to one of my postings?
      Attached Files

Comment

Well- you can still have it as an audio visual. You would record what you want to say and then add it to the background of each page. So in a sense- you have an audio visual presentation with out having to create a flash or mpeg movie file. Additionally- it would not require an out side program to open and run such as Power Point, Windows Media player, Quict time etc....
        There are two ways to do this. Have each page timed- so that it changes to the next page after the audio is done, or have button that says "Next Page". When they press that button- it will advance to the next web page and the audio will start up automatically. I will show you a combination of both.

You could then have the slides in a pdf file that they could print off and follow along.

I am working tonight (mid-nights). I will create a mock one and present it here on this thread for you to review. If it suits your needs we can proceed. If not- then your best bet would be to hire someone to produce a flash presentation.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Your visitors can use PowerPoint Viewer. Do a search in MSN, it will allow you to post presentations, usually as *pps, and you can include PPViewer.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Rich-
            That would seem to be the best bet. Reason is that the PP many dynamic print that does not appear on the "sheets" but is placed there during the presentation- therefore, in stead of the twenty sheets in the PP that you see- we would actually have to capture more than 70 to make it look and work like a PP presentation.

I will still put together a scaled down version of what I was talking about for you- but it would require you to make an entire new presentation.

Andy

**Nice job Bill
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks. But I'm getting different answers and suggestions than I expected. I guess I don't know (exactly) what I'm asking.

The key here is that I don't want the visitors to my site to be able to watch the Power Point presentation. All they'll do is print it out - just like when you open a presentation in PP itself, the individual screen-shots being displayed on the left margin, so you can click on them and print them out. Then they can watch the "real" presentation, using the print outs to follow along with and/or take notes on.

I know it sounds confusing, but the "real" presentaion is the better part of an hour. Each screen-shot (in the PP presentaion) is expanded as the moderator explains and discusses the mortgage payoff system. Most people find it helpful to be able to follow the individual screens (in skeleton form, from the PP presentation) and take notes on the print outs.

To give you an idea of the screen shots in the PP presentation, my earlier posting has a zipped file attached to it. Alternatively, you can watch the "real" presentation at www.MortgageKiller.net.

So, if that's possible - at least not too terribly technical for me to do - great. But if not, then maybe I'll just ask people to email me, asking for the PP presention. The, I'll just forward them a copy of the original email I got with it attached. (That's part of the problem, I guess: along with some people not having PP, I don't have the original presentaion.)

Thanks again!

Richard

Comment

Rich-
                Your visitors will not be able to print out the PP presentation to follow along. 1st- there are dynamic text inputs that are not captured on each page. Instead- they are put in by the PP program. 2nd- unless the have the PP program on their computer- they will not be able to open the file.

Although I have not used it- the PP player that Bill suggested will allow anyone to view your PP presentation.

Also- you will have to create a pdf file of what you wish them to download to follow along with.

You could create a presentation yourself using web pages and either auto redirects or buttons that say next to move from page to page. The re-directs would have to be set to re-direct when the background audio presentation is complete. Here is an crude example.

I think your best bet- would be to hire someone to create a flash presentation. That would be the most professional looking and you could modify it from the original PP to suit your needs.

Or- at least try Bills solution. The example I made up would be your alternative.

Cheers,

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks, guys! I'll try his suggestion of downloading that program and see how it works. But I think I'm leaning towards the simpler solution - always best for simple minds (smile) - of just asking the visitors to email me a request for the PP presentation, which I'll then email to them so that they can just open it and print it out for themselves. That way, I've also captured their name & email address.

I appreciate all your input. I think I might have made it more difficult by being A) inexperienced, B) non-technical, and C) less than clear.

On the last point ("C", above): the PP resentation is not intended to show the "dynamic" pages of the on-line presentation as they unfold, line by line, etc. Each "screen shot" of the PP presentation is nothing more than the initial screen shown at the start of each new segment of the on-line presentation. It's like a "skeleton" screen shot with maybe a topical heading, which people can print out and take notes on as the on-line presentation unfolds "dynamically" through that segment. The next screen shot in the PP presentaion is another "skeleton" screen shot of the next opening screen for the next segment of the on-line presentation. Etc.

I know it's confusing, which is why I attached a zipped file on one of my earlier posts. I guess you guys didn't have a chance to look at it (busy?!) - or didn't want to take chance opening an unknown attachment (viruses, etc). Understandable. But without understanding what I'm trying to work with, it's hard for you to help me, just like it's hard for me to understand, let alone implement, your suggestions without being all that technical.

So, I guess we'll leave it at that - and thanks again!

Richard

Comment

Working...
                  X