PDA

View Full Version : photo as a background

vila
10-12-2006, 11:53 AM
hello :)
Can anyone tell me how to add picture as a background?
Thank you
Vila

ez-ez
10-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Right click anywhere in the page>> Select Properties>> Select Background>>Browse for the image and insert it..

Voila.. C'est fini.

vila
10-12-2006, 12:27 PM
Thank you Carlos, I will try in a while :)
Vila

ez-ez
10-12-2006, 01:03 PM
No worries.. Cheers.

scubadiver
10-12-2006, 08:00 PM
How can you make it faded so that you can put readable text on it?

Andy128
10-12-2006, 10:08 PM
To fade- You would have to alter the picture to this effect in a Photo Shop program and then put it on the site.

Andy

lovethatbluegrassmusic
10-12-2006, 10:42 PM
How can you make it faded so that you can put readable text on it?

http://www.baldwincomusic.com/fadedtoothache1.html

Here is a pic I took , imported into paint.net (free program),
adjusted it with some layer tools and effects.

Andy128
10-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Keep in mind that put a picture as background in the page properties will tile the picture. In other words, it will create many of those pictures and put them end to end up and down the page.

If you simply wish to have the picture on the page and write over it- use the picture tool to place the picture on the web page and then simply place text or other elements over it.

Andy

lovethatbluegrassmusic
10-13-2006, 12:06 AM
Keep in mind that put a picture as background in the page properties will tile the picture. In other words, it will create many of those pictures and put them end to end up and down the page.

If you simply wish to have the picture on the page and write over it- use the picture tool to place the picture on the web page and then simply place text or other elements over it.

Andy

Thanks Andy, I almost forgot about that one!

MadMermaid
10-13-2006, 12:38 AM
Hi Guys
Just to sugest a few more ideas. I found a that what worked for me (check out the mermaid on my home page) was to colour the background of my picture the same as the background of the page then just stick it on using the add image button. As long as you right click the pic and click move to back you can the write over it or put buttons on it. Another way to fade areas out would be to create a giff with interlaced areas. either way you need to play with a photo shop program.