No one wants me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one wants me

On my site I have several links (all pertaining to my sewing business). I've been trying to get reciprocal links ..... but am being told by many of the sites that if I don't have a Google rank of at least 1, they don't want me. Is this common?

One person suggested optimizing my site by putting blocks of text at bottom of page where no one would see it, with keywords in it. but it would get recognized by search engines. He also suggested that I target a smaller segment (like my town and surrounding areas) as this would increase my chances of recognition. ???

I need help in this area. Think I'm at a point where I want to hire someone to do this part for me. My business is about sewing and I ain't doing it while I'm sitting here at the computer trying to play the word game.

ellielou
    www.threadhut.com

Re: No one wants me

Moving to eBusiness section.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Unfortunately, lots of people forget they were once new also - and then they hurt the new businesses by refusing to link. Everyone will NOT do this - just keep sending out requests - and write off those who refuse because of ranking. I've seen sites with NO rank refuse to link unless you have a rank (now that takes gall).

Do NOT put text people can't see on the page - instead of Google ranking you eventually, they will end up banning you and all the links in the world won't help you. You might fool them temporarily, but they will discover it.

Since I'm going to guess that most of your work is going to come from your local area - it might be a good idea to add cities or a coverage area to your page.

And one way to help your site - spend a few minutes and write a press release about your business - get it submitted to a couple of the on-line press release companies - and you will get links back that don't have to be reciprocal - and maybe help Google to rank you sooner!

I use prweb and prleap a lot - but here's a list including others:

www.prweb.com
      www.prleap.com
      www.i-newswire.com
      www.webwire.com
      www.pressbox.co.uk
      www.24-7pressrelease.com
      www.clickpress.com
      www.przoom.com
      www.pr.com
      www.marketwire.com

Some of these may not have a free listing - so check carefully.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth - thanks. It's so confusing. Seems like there is so much advice and counter-advice out there in cyber-space, not to mention friends who want to tell you the right and wrong way. But I trust the BV site and you. That's why I come here. Thanks for saving me. I was just now putting some text at bottom of page. The last thing I was is to get black-listed by the people I'm courting.

I'll follow your advice and check out the press release thing. If push comes to shove, you're for hire, right? As I said, there's sewing to be done and here I still sit.

ellielou
        www.threadhut.com

Comment

Originally posted by ellielou
          On my site I have several links (all pertaining to my sewing business). I've been trying to get reciprocal links ..... but am being told by many of the sites that if I don't have a Google rank of at least 1, they don't want me. Is this common?

One person suggested optimizing my site by putting blocks of text at bottom of page where no one would see it, with keywords in it. but it would get recognized by search engines. He also suggested that I target a smaller segment (like my town and surrounding areas) as this would increase my chances of recognition. ???

I need help in this area. Think I'm at a point where I want to hire someone to do this part for me. My business is about sewing and I ain't doing it while I'm sitting here at the computer trying to play the word game.

ellielou
          www.threadhut.com
          1)..is this common ?, yes I am afraid so.
          2)..dont hide text/keywords, the se´s will pick this up sooner or later and then you could be blackballed...........
          3)..Targeting your sourrounding area is always a good idea.

4)..As dress Alterations(sewing) is relevent to 3 of my websites you can exchange links with each of them if you wish:

Just go to my simple exchange links page at: http://weddingdressmarket.co.uk
          and we can take it from there....you will find my contact page at each of the above sites if you need futher contact.
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Once you've progressed and had a good ranking.. write an email to all those who refused your links as follows:

Dear Sirs, I refer to my earlier request to link to your website and your requirement that I rank No. 1 before I am able to link to you. Given you are advocates on the business of web marketing, would you be kind enough to tell me why on earth do you think I wanted to link to your lousy ignorant asses if I had the ranking..?? IN any case, now I do have the ranking and just want you to know that I would not link to your website, not because I am big, but because you are PRICKS.

That would feel nice, wouldn't it..!!

Comment

David, thanks for letting me link with you. I also have a client (new bride to be) that has (count 'em) 3 wedding gowns. Yea, she couldn't make up her mind. She wants to sell the two she's not going to wear. Well, unless she buys another one between now and Oct. 20th (wedding date). I'll send her to your site.

Wow! I'm linking (finally!) How cool.....

ellielou
              www.threadhut.com

Comment

Carlos - yea, my first thoughts are "wait till I get famous". But I've learned thru being in business for myself for so many years - and not holding my tongue when I should - I am hotheaded - that what you say can have negative affects on your business. I know - been there -done that! I'll keep those links on my site - because it benefits me (my clients) for right now. And that's what it's all about. When I can pick and choose links, that will be a consideration. I'll make them beg.....

ellie
                www.threadhut.com

Comment

I don't see a links page on your site?

If you add one that is clickable from the home page - and put together a children's category for links - I'll be happy to trade links (no banners, please) with your from both:
                  www.achildspalace.com and
                  www.pinatapalace.com -
                  just go to my links to us pages and follow instructions and I'll get your emails and link back.
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

I have a couple pages on my site that I could post your link.
                    No prob.

I have found some sites that will allow you to post your site link
                    for free. I don't have them listed, but if you search for
                    free links pages, or links sites, or something to that effect, they'll
                    show up. just keep trying.
                    Brad Arnold.......
                    www.baldwincomusic.com
                    www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
                    !Free Search Engine Submission!
                    Talking Avatar for your web site!
                    Free sound editor
                    Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

Brad, make sure they are related and not link farms - or they don't do any good - lots of link farms out there.
                      Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                      X