Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback

Well this is my first time at anything like so I thought I would ask what do you think WWW.coffeeexperience.net. Oh and I thought I would ask does it take time to show up on the search engines because I have done many searches on luck.
    The Coffee Experience www.coffeeexperience.net

Re: Feedback

Nice colors! The page is very large, (1232 x 1462)
    Most advise to set the size to something like 800 x 600.
    That'l also make it load quicker.

search engines take time. did you load the ror.gen ?
    look at the search engine category on the forum and
    you'll find lots of usefull info. 'B.G. Bethers' is an
    expert on that topic and I'm sure she'll be along to
    advise you on that.
    Brad Arnold.......
    www.baldwincomusic.com
    www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
    !Free Search Engine Submission!
    Talking Avatar for your web site!
    Free sound editor
    Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

Coffee.exp: Great store! I'm a coffee lover and your photos are very appealing. I would recommend you do something with your background as it appears to be very distorted on my monitor. You may to work re work that. I'll come back and take a closer look after while. Gotta go fix dinner!
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Thanks for the feed back, no this is my first day at this oh its two days now I don't no what a ror.gen ? is but thanks for telling me I need as much exposure as possible I will have to do that.

Comment

Liked the site. The background may be distorted do to the image being stretched instead of tiled. Links I tried worked. I do love my coffee and the coffee machine looks like a winner.

Best of success!

Poppi
          www.newmexicorides.com

Comment

I like the color for the background, but the distortion is annoying to me - probably means I wouldn't stay around - always remember you have to do things that will appeal to the most people so I would change that.

You have quite a bit of work to do to optimize your store for your customers and the se's.

If I'm reading your site correctly - you are ONLY looking for the greater Phoenix market - so it's very important that you gear your optimizing to that. So, for starters - a proper title for the home page would be something like:
            Coffee Machine | System for Espresso, Cappucino, Latte, Decaf

Now, unfortunately, your home page looks pretty BUT most of the important info on the page in there in a picture format - and that cannot be read by se's - and, believe it or not, it will not be able to be read on all computers or those who are blind (who read the text and alt tags same as se's do). You would be much better off if you could put a good picture of the machine on the page - and add the rest as text to the page.

I used the words I just did for the home page title by seeing what people are searching for. Coffee Brewing system turned up NO searches. Coffee system had some but coffee machine outbeat everything else. Coffee espresso machine followed right behind. Doing this type of research is very important - as the se's really only know what people are doing - that's how they know what to look for.

You loaded up the meta keywords on your home page - and that's a no-no also. You only want to put keywords in there that are used (in text) on the page. And when you use pictures, you want them to have alt text. But the meta keywords need to be revised according to what you are really using - and each page needs to have different ones. Your meta description is too long but has the right ideas. Make sure your grammar including spacing and spelling are right in the description. Shorten it to be a great little advertising blurb (using the keywords) for the page.

The first element on your home page (under your header) should be a headline of your top keywords.

This is a start of some of the things I suggest you do. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask :)

It's not daunting - and you have a great start.

BTW, the se's will find you based mainly on links to your pages

Also - it's great that you want to promote the Blue Voda website builder - but it really doesn't belong on your home page. It takes away from what you want people there for. I do put them on my home page - take a look at the bottom of www.achildspalace.com - and you'll see how I promote it. And, if you want to use the banners - add a links page to your site and put them their prominently if you'd like. But the links page needs also to be organized. Doing a links page of complimentary businesses in Phoenix/Mesa would be smart for you - and getting into the Chambers would be good also, as well as any local business who will add your website onto theirs somewhere. This should be separate from a links page with the BV banners - you could call it your "local connections" page.

After you get the site tweaked, you need to write a press release regarding your business - and get it online - easy to do - and will bring links back to you also.

Also, for a one time only - Voda will submit your site to the se's and directories. Except for people with their first and brand new sites, I don't feel submitting is necessary- but it should help you get recognized a bit quicker, especially with the lesser se's.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Yes I see what you mean it was stretched I am experimenting with it looks better will change it soon. is there a easy way to shrink everything down 800 x 600 with out starting over?

Comment

Originally posted by Coffee.exp
                Yes I see what you mean it was stretched I am experimenting with it looks better will change it soon. is there a easy way to shrink everything down 800 x 600 with out starting over?
                Just right click on background and select page properties. Then adjust the 'width' and 'height'.
                Brad Arnold.......
                www.baldwincomusic.com

Free sound editor
                Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

Me again. The more I look at your site, although I like the colors, I have a thought for you to consider. Your background color is a gold color. The wonderful pictures you have of various artistic cups of coffee are also gold in color. Maybe you should consider a background color that would make those photos POP more would be better. You may just want to experiment. I love gold on black, but I'm not crazy about black as a total background. But it could work for you. Might want to try one of the other colors in your home page header. Just a thought.
                  Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Nice...ditto bethers and Sharon. Too bad you are just looking for Phoenix I'm abit further but could make shipping easy , I'd really like a Royale. Nice art work. Will come back when you finish.
                    Choco777
                    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dream Lady
                      Me again. The more I look at your site, although I like the colors, I have a thought for you to consider. Your background color is a gold color. The wonderful pictures you have of various artistic cups of coffee are also gold in color. Maybe you should consider a background color that would make those photos POP more would be better. You may just want to experiment. I love gold on black, but I'm not crazy about black as a total background. But it could work for you. Might want to try one of the other colors in your home page header. Just a thought.
                      Like this one? (can't use it though)
                      http://www.botanypictures.com/planti...%20coffee).JPG
                      Brad Arnold.......
                      www.baldwincomusic.com

Free sound editor
                      Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

Yes, even a very crisp image would work..for coffee.exp.
                        Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Beth pointed me to this site called cooltext. I went there just to try and give you an example of gold on black or a dark color. I just took your name and did this to give you an idea.
                          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I like that and those colors - fun site, isn't it Cindy? And so easy. That would make a much more professional looking header than you currently have, coffee experience (a name would be nice :) )
                            Beth
                            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Name is Dennis Hi I thank you all for your advice like said this is my second day at this I guess it shows. I need to get the search thing fix first but I am done for the day and will start again tomorrow and as far as the machine we will sell them if you are interested give me a call they are on the pricey side but much cheaper that old type.

Comment

Working...
                              X