Form problem PLEASE HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form problem PLEASE HELP!!!!

I finaly got all my pages published and linked. I had a hard time at it. so when I was testing to see if everything worked I found out that the form on my information page does not seem to work. I the tutorials the best I could comprehend.

When I try to test it and hit the submit button a window pops up and says

Microsoft Internet Exploror
    This form is being submitted using e-mail. Submitting this form will reveal your e-mail address to the recipient,and will send the form data without encrypting it for privacy.

You may continue or cancel this submission

Ok Cancel

A e-mail window pops up and it says at the top of it.

A e-mail posted from Microsoft Internet Exploror.-message

The place to put the address to send to is blank and in the area where the message does not show the message the way most e-mails.

All I want the form to do is for the person that wants more info about me and my services to forward it to my e-mail. I have it set up like the following.

A box for them to put their name
    A box for them to put their e-mail address
    A box for them to write the message
    And below that it has sumit button and a reset button

PLEASE HELP
    I'm getting some hits but the people have no way to contact me if they wish.
    My website is www.swgart.com

Thanks and I pray someone can help

Re: Form problem PLEASE HELP!!!!

G'day..

You have a 'meilto' input in your form action.. change that to the php script that is in your landing page.. For example, if after the form is submitted the visitor is taken to a 'Thank you' page.. that page could be thank_you.php (example only).. then your action should be set to thank_you.php.

Comment

Please read the instructions that follow the multimedia tutorial in BlueVoda Form Tutorial 1.
      You will see there that your problem is an expected one and the you should use a php script to process your form info. You will also find there step by step instructions on how to create this script. You also have an alternative: use the Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks fella's

Please forgive me but I don't understand what you are telling me to do.I don't know what php script is or where to put it.
        On the forms properites what am I supposed to type in

Form name
        Action
        Method
        Encoding type
        Hidden feilds?
        name value
        add edit delete

Do I need to create a Thank You page?

Please explain to me like you are explaining it to someone very ignorant because you are.

Thanks

Comment

A php script is a small piece of program written in php ( a programming language). It receives the information from the form, and then creates and sends you an email with this info. Since almost noone of the VH customers has ever had experience before in doing this, in BlueVoda Form Tutorial 1 , just bellow the multimedia presentation, there is a full explanation and step by step instructions on how to acheive your goal.

There you can see also what the form properties should be.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok I will give it a try.

I appreciate your help but some of this stuff is above my head.

Everbody here is so smart about this that I'm very embarassed to even ask.

Comment

No one here is smarter than others, we all started from point zero and all this stuff seemed beyond our capabilities. Don't worry, in just some time you will have the same experience we do. Just read carefully the instructions: they really guide you step by step, so it's gonna be easy
              Navaldesign

Comment

Ok I have got to where it says click on page properties and select the extention php for your page when its published. I have done that. But what comes next I can not understand at all! I don't know what it means to copy code or how to do it.

Comment

Ok I have figured out how to copy and paste to page html. I have never done that before:) Its says to save this page as "action" is this what I need to name the page?

Comment

Attention: you have two different pages: The form page, and the thankyou page, where the code will be placed.

The form page can be saved as whatever you like, and the extension must be html.

The thankyou page, which will have the script in it, must have the extension php. You can save it as "action", or whatever else you like. If you name it "action", then, in the form page, the field "action" in the form properties, must be filled in with "action.php". If you name it something else, the field "action" must be filled in with "nameyouhaveused.php"

I suggest that for now you should use the names of the tutorial, so you won't get confused.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

I have got it pasted. It says while this page is open change the actual email address and email subject but which ones?
                      Is is the one I change to my actual email address $email or $mailto ?
                      I assume the the place I change the email subjecy is $mailsubj.

On step 3 its says to take care to publish it in the same directory where you have published your "contact" page.
                      Would you explain this in simple terms to me what this means?

Thanks

Comment

I have got it pasted. It says while this page is open change the actual email address and email subject but which ones?
                        Your email address and the message that you want to appear in the email taht you will receive.

Is is the one I change to my actual email address $email or $mailto ?
                        I assume the the place I change the email subjecy is $mailsubj.
                        Change the " order@example.com " and the "Enter your subject here". Generally speaking, the parts in BLUE color.

On step 3 its says to take care to publish it in the same directory where you have published your "contact" page.
                        Would you explain this in simple terms to me what this means?
                        Some people publish in different directories, especially if the have subdomains or addon domains. I understand that you are publishing in your public_html, so there is no problem, publish them as you usually do.
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks navaldesign
                          I hope I have not mesed anything up so lets see if it works

Comment

When I fill out the form to test it and hit the submit button it goes to "The page cannot be displayed"

Comment

In the address bar all it says is action:php

Comment

Working...
                              X