incorrect IP address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• incorrect IP address

As you can see, I am brand new to this. I will probably be on this forum quite a bit if it works.

My first question is the IP address options that were on the drop down menu when trying to publish my pages did not give me the one that they sent to me in my welcome email. Whenever I try to publish to the closest one I get an error. Any advice on how to assign the correct IP address? It doesn't let me type one in the box.

Chaps
    Chaps

www.chaplainsmith.com

Re: incorrect IP address

I'm not too sure, but I think you might have to download a later version of BV and reinstal.. I remember seeing something like that before.

Comment

I also tried that...I downloaded the latest on the main website. I didn't actually go in to the programs and totally remove it first and then start all over with BV, by downloading the latest it should just update what is necessary right?

Chaps
      Chaps

www.chaplainsmith.com

Comment

You downloaded it.. did you install over the last one you had..??

Comment

I imagine I did, it never asked to duplicate filenames or anything. I just assumed it removed what was there and started over on it's own.
          Chaps

www.chaplainsmith.com

Comment

Ok.. since you've downloaded the latest version, it may be worth a try to do this..

Uninstal BV from your Control Panel>> Add Remove Programs.
            Then instal it again using that latest download.
            Wanna give that a try?

Comment

Thanks, I'll try it.

Chaps
              Chaps

www.chaplainsmith.com

Comment

Carlos, thank you much - it worked! Now I will try to figure how to get the menu buttons to link to the pages I have published.

Thanks again,

Chaps
                Chaps

www.chaplainsmith.com

Comment

Give us your site address (url) so we can check it out
                  Brad Arnold.......
                  www.baldwincomusic.com
                  www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
                  !Free Search Engine Submission!
                  Talking Avatar for your web site!
                  Free sound editor
                  Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

No worries chaps.. Like bluegrassmusic saic.. lets have a look at your page so we can see what type of menu buttons you are using so we can help you link them if you need help with that.

Comment

Hey all I am back. My site is www.chaplainsmith.com

My newly designed pages are not coming up however...just my old "under construction page" any advice?

Chaps
                      Chaps

www.chaplainsmith.com

Comment

They look fine to me Chaps, not much on them yet...but they come up just fine...Hope you dont mind me saying but your buttons dont look to good on your template...they are a bit glaring....you can choose other buttons and save them to your bv nav bar.......all you have to do..is...right click on a button you like....save as ..c:drive/programfiles/bluevoda/navbar.....they are then in your bv menu list...heres a some you might like to try...:o)

Just right click on each button and save as...cdrive/programfiles/bluevoda/navbar

Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                        http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Originally posted by chaps
                          Hey all I am back. My site is www.chaplainsmith.com

My newly designed pages are not coming up however...just my old "under construction page" any advice?

Chaps
                          Your new pages DO show. It must be only your browser cacheing. Go on your site and press F5 sometimes.
                          Navaldesign
                          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ahhh must have been the old site I was looking at so ignore my suggestions ..it looks great as it is.
                            Click the link below for page guidelines (no more sideways scroll)

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sho...eferrerid=5490

How to Center your page
                            http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...tml#post124746

Comment

Thanks for all the help folks, I am finally gettin a little bit of this to work. I may use some of those buttons as well.

Chaps
                              Chaps

www.chaplainsmith.com

Comment

Working...
                              X