Will this cure my problem will spam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this cure my problem will spam?

Okay, sorry if I was not supposed to start a new thread, but I have to start clearly, so that I can get the steps down correct.

I spoke about receiving bounced notices saying my email could not be delivered in another thread, that was the beginning.

Well it is worsening. It seems I may be on the verge of being called and treated as a spammer, not sure what all that is, but I don't want to be there.

I am in the process of encrypting my email, also have removed alot of them. However, they would still be out there in cached pages etc. and I am believing they are using my ip as well as my admin name as some of these come from my main mail account that the email has never been used or put out anywhere (the account in horde, the one set up for me with voda).

My questions:

1. How can I be certain that voda will not penalize me for spamming?
    These emails are not coming from me, rather they are coming from my auto-responders back to the spammers that send email to me via my voda email accounts. The auto-responders bounce back to me in my personal mail as I have my mail forwarded there.

2. I have deleted auto-responders, have deleted all but 4 of my mail accounts in horde.

3. I have deleted the forwarding to my personal account in horde.

4. What other necessary steps should I take to secure myself from any further spam?

5. I have searched some ips and they come from germany, london, etc.

6. Should I send these spam emails and undeliverable messages anywhere?

7. If this does not stop am I able to get a new admin user name that would also be a new name for the horde email?

8. Thank you for any help, advice you can give me to eliminate this problem.

9. If I am unclear, please ask again, I am trying to be clear but may not have it done right.

----
    stressed

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: Will this cure my problem will spam?

Lets have their IP addresses and hack their servers.. Or maybe find their main hosting accounts and send them a bug.

Comment

We're not allowed to do that are we? You are joking right? Do you want me to send you all this stuff? Is that what I should do?

- :( feeling gullible ......

- stressed

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Actually, there are spammers out there who have programs that do nothing but looks for email addresses, etc - and if you have an auto-responder replying to all emails - you'll get lots of those emails saying address doesn't exist, etc - cuz they have it worked out. It's nothing YOU are doing wrong - is a sad fact of life on the internet - this is one form of our "junk" mail. Just delete and delete and delete.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Don't worry. Spammers are sending junk email to you. Up to this point, no problem. Just some time to delete, delete, delete as Bethers suggested.
          Then your autoresponders send a response email, which of course comes back undelivered, simply because these email addresses simply don't exist.

You don't need to be afraid of being considered a spammer: it is not you who send the mails, you simply (auto)reply to these junk mails.

Now, if you have deleted your autoresponders, and yet receive bouncing autoresponder mails, you have probably set up a catchall account whose autoresponder is still active. Check it.

FYI, i receive more than 70 - 80 spam mails per day. I have not yet found any efficient antispam program.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

And to further what naval says - my email does a good job of deciphering most spam, but I still have to go through it all because occasionally a good email from a potential customer gets sent there - and I certainly don't want to lose customers.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

I seem to be getting quite a lot of spam mail recently but as beth and naval have pointed out....delete and delete and get on with other things.

Most of my junk now consists of ******* or stock market flyers......

dont even read them nowadays, quick delete and they are gone.
              Have fun
              Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
              Newbies / Beginners Forum
              FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
              My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
              Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Re: Will this cure my problem with spam?

phew ...

okay, thank you Bethers, Naval and David ... it's a relief to know I am not alone, not that I wish this on any of you, but sort of felt as if I was some sort of "prey", and with not much experience or anything other than the odd email once a month in spam, and this just starting in the past week and worsening, I was certain I was a target, and I didn't know what more to expect, so it is good to see that it happens to all of us in this regard.

Naval I will check the catchall, I've seen where it is you are talking about and I will go and check that ... so I am assuming, that voda would know that it is not spam coming from me then, phew....

And Bethers, I will check about the filter you are referring to and be certain that is also set up properly ...

And David, yes stock markets were alot of this ....

Thank you all, I feel better now, I was starting to watch my driveway to see if they were coming ... lol .... (panicky lady)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                X