Links???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links???

Can I just list links of sites that I have found helpful in making my jewelry (buying supplies from them) or do I need permission.

www.bubbiesbeads.org

thx. Mindy

Re: Links???

They can only be gratefull if you provide links to them. However, do not use their logos to link. Logos are copyrighted (usually)
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I would make a links page with these links - but make sure that you use good anchor text for the clickable part of the links. And you might then, after you have added them, email them and tell them you have done so and ask if they would consider adding a link to your store also. It's a great way to get some reciprocal links. (Do not expect all to respond or reciprocate and it doesn't mean you shouldn't keep their link - but hopefully, some will link to you also).
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

but make sure that you use good anchor text for the clickable part of the links

Hi Beth, what did you mean by a 'good anchor" the rest is totally understandable and sounds doable, but honestly can't figure out what an anchor would be?

Thx again

Mindy

Comment

Beth was referring to not having just links themselves organized on a "Links" page, but textual content which would provide means to establish relevance and "anchor" the links with a definable purpose. This relevance building between the Page, the Links (especially of they are graphical, like David mentioned), and the "intro text" is important to gain recognition and ranking by the SE's, eventually benefitting your whole site.

(This is what the other respondants you contacted were emphasizing when they "required" a rankng position before sharing links. Reciprocal links, when part of a well-designed website construct, will create definitive SE dynamics.)
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Welcome back Vasili ! You have not used us in staying away so long!
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you General!
              I'll post some pictures as soon as my Stamatia sends them, so you can see how pink I got from scrambling around the Mayan ruins in Tulum!

It was great to get away, even if only for 4 days.
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

To give an example of anchored text that explains what Vasili said -

Kid's Bedroom Decor - Visit A Child's Palace for themed children's bedroom decor including bedding, clocks, rugs and so much more.

The words Kid's Bedroom Decor become the anchor text that is linked to the site - with a description following. The se's rank the words in the anchor text higher and will move those terms up faster in se results.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

That is a very good idea! I shall attempt to create a links page, and get some reciprocal links!!! I really want my PR to be at least 1. I am fairly new, so maybe that is why it is so horribly low, or otherwise known as the lowest possible. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X