X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocking Right Click

How can i block the user from using right click functions

Re: Blocking Right Click

Please use the search feature on the top the this page, there are numerous posts on this topic.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

And remember, blocking right click doesn't really stop anyone from doing anything - just makes them have to do it another way.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

You have many JavaScript to disable right click. Try to search at http://www.javascriptkit.com

Comment

All you have to do is go to the tool bar, click on view and source and you can see it anyway... waste of CODING SPACE!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

About the use of right click, I think it was best said and I tend to agree that;

It deters the surfers that do not have full knowledge of html, viewing sources, site building, computers, all they really know is "right click" and these are the surfers that are most apt to copy your images, and for them, they will not find the way that you and I or the computer savvy people know of, and add to that, anyone with knowledge of the above knows that these images are apparantely protected, (somewhat, another discussion) and are less likely to use them where you would not want them to anyway. I don't find it rude or anything, some people work very hard at making their living via their images, so it doesn't bother me to go to a page and not be able to right click, but then again I know how to get the images anyway. Just my 2 cents worth.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Lady Eye - it doesn't deter anyone - as most people that know how to use the tool bar on their computer - know how to see all that without right clicking - and probably more know how to use the tool bar than know how to right click. It's those who are working in websites that learn about right clicking.

If someone makes their living off their images and thinks they are protecting anything by disabling right click, they are simply fooling themselves and wasting their time.

And it is only amateur sites that disable right click.

I'll say it again - if you don't want someone to have something - don't put it on the web in any way, shape or form - and in the case of pictures, if you want to protect them - nothing is fool proof - but at least use one of the methods that might work for the amateurs stealing them.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

how does this work if your images are in something like jalbum that its self is in an iframe - then pictures open in the album i'm guessing it cant be done then as there is no real way to get to those pages??? now i am confused?
                Ann
                www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Originally posted by asirimarco
                  how does this work if your images are in something like jalbum that its self is in an iframe - then pictures open in the album i'm guessing it cant be done then as there is no real way to get to those pages??? now i am confused?
                  lol Ann ... actually in the jalbum its just as easy, there is even the words download for you to take a picture for even those that do not know about "right click" ... yes they are available there too ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                  X