Browser and Preview Security Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Browser and Preview Security Settings

When I BV preview any of my pages I get the message "...IE has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer ..."
    I don't get this popup banner when viewing any published page on the web.

Q1 - Does this mean that anyone with browser security options set to the default will not be able to see my pages without the pop up banner? They will have to then click 'allow active content such as script and ActiveX controls' This could be very irritating for viewers.

Q2 - Why is there a difference on my PC, between Preview mode and the real web page?

I am making use of AllWebMenus, which uses javascript.
    When I add any javascript to a page, this popup banner appears. Even an "add bookmark" icon causes this popup warning. So to, do the date and time scripts recently posted in the tips forum.
    It's hard to have a web page without some javascript.

Regards
    Royden

www.harrow-art.com
    www.harrow.co.za

Re: Browser and Preview Security Settings

q1. Possible bt not probable. Depends on the settings.
    q2. In your browser settings, you will see that there different checkboxes for activeX controls on the net and on your computer. So just set them correctly and you will not have any problems.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I would leave your settings as you have them - as it is a protection on your computer when viewing the page off-line. It will display properly on line for you and anyone else unless they have some crazy settings. It is only offline you get that message with the standard settings.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks to Naval and Beth, two of the most respected names in these forums.
        Royden

www.harrow-art.com
        www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Working...
        X