Please review my website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review my website

Please review my website. I am a novice to this; however I am working on a website for my fraternity. The Calendar link is not active, however all other links should work. I am in search of a calendar application which will allow me to load a calendar on the page. I am also looking for a way to center the page. The current width is set at 800. Please critique and let me know how I can improve the layouts so it does not appear like an begginer built the site.

Many Thanks!

Re: Please review my website

I just had a look at your site. The width is perfect at 800. To centre the pages, right click in your site builder, click on Page properties and then centre in browser. I must admit that I am not really a fan of your colour scheme but thats just a matter of personal taste. The sitre is well laid out and all the links that I tried worked. Overall its a good site.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
    royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

Hi Temp! Nice Job. I don't know...not the colors I would use, but actually look nice to me. Are they Frat colors? I think they look good. Your entire site looks very well laid out and the photos loaded quickly. You have your home page titled and I would also title your other pages.

Also something I just learned about my own site is that on your navigation bar, you should go into the properties and fill in Alternate text. That way when you put your mouse over the nav button, you see whatever text you want them to see instead of http://mightyoxques.org/officers.html, etc. Instead in the Alt text box you could put something like: Officers

Just a suggestion. Other than that...looks good to me. Sorry, I don't know of any calendars...but someone will probably be a long that does. Have fun!
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I like it.. Like Cindy said, it's unusual, but that can't be a bad thing.. I also agree with Roy.. Centering is a must.

Overall, very nice site.

Comment

Here's my calendar page:
          http://www.baldwincomusic.com/calendar.html

I made it with www.htmlcalendar.com

Like the site!
          Brad Arnold.......
          www.baldwincomusic.com
          www.Northbaldwinhamradio.org

ClickheretoBlastyoursitetomany
          !Free Search Engine Submission!
          Talking Avatar for your web site!
          Free sound editor
          Voda Host Tutorials

Comment

Roy,

Thanks for your comments. The colors come from the fraternity's traditional colors (old gold and purple). I have since centered the pages using your suggestion. Thanks again!

Terrance

Comment

Carlos,

Thanks for the comments. Again, the colors are traditional to the fraternity's colors.

Terrance

Comment

Cindy,

Thanks so much for your comments and your suggestion. You are on point in terms of the color scheme...they are the frat's colors (Old gold and purple). I did use the alternate text for my links....Thanks so much for a great tip!!

Terrance

Comment

Your welcome. I think Ramkar suggested that to me! Your site is coming right along and looking great! I noticed you got a Calendar. I wonder if there is a way to put your nav bar on that calendar page? I had to click my back button in my browser. Maybe Brad can answer that for you. Also your pages still are not centered. That can be a tricky thing. Make sure you have done all of your editing on the page before centering and saving and that your page properties and grid layout are the same. Anyway...looking good!
                  Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Cindy,

I am having trouble with centering the pages. I right click on the page, then check of center in browser; is there anything else I need to do? Not sure. At any rate, many thanks for your comments and suggestions!

Terrance

Comment

Please Review My Website

Hello,

I've finally completed my first web site. It is a website for my Fraternity. Please reveiw and let me know your thoughts on the functionality navigation and links. I am open for criticisms and let me know what works and what doen't work. Thanks in advance.

www.mightyoxques.org

OX Webmaster

Comment

Please Review My Website

Not exactly a first time, but I've made some changes since the initial published page. Please let me know your thoughts.

Many Thanks!

OX Webmaster
                        www.mightyoxques.org

Comment

Re: Please Review My Website

well looks good buthere is a few things i spotted.

1- omicron the chi over laps plainsfield...i would reduce the size of the intire banner text so it wouldn't overlap nothing.

2- the top browser i would remove home page just call it Omicron PSI PHI Fraternity inc this way it would look better than being looked at in se's as a home page.

3-I noticed you have no keywords or description you need to add them as well on all pages.

4-All your nav buttons are different on every page try to keep nav buttons the same on each page will look much more professional.

5- A lot of tweaking ahead my friend.
                          "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Hi, nice & well laid out site. A couple of pages need extending a little as I am viewing in firefox & the text is going over some of the images. http://www.mightyoxques.org/charter.html

It may be better using the same text on all pages (Arial or Times roman) although the script style of writing looks nice, it’s not always the easiest to read. May be worth doing the same with the menu buttons.
                            You got some really nice images on the site & the two banner logos http://www.mightyoxques.org/Omegashield%5B1%5D_01.gif I don’t feel get shown off to the best. Must admit when I 1st looked at the site I got the impression of heavy rock music. (sorry)
                            But its real easy to navigate & clear on its aim.
                            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Good work.
                              -Same overlap mentioned by Chris shows up in IE6. Omnicron Chi over Fairfield, NJ. Repeats in Chapter History.
                              -Your logo appears to be "fuzzy" especially on the charter page, almost like you pulled from the edges to make it larger. Might want to use PixResizer.
                              -To avoid losing your visitors, make the National web site link open in a new page, use '_blank' when linking. Ditto with the link to Dr. King's speech.
                              -Watch your spelling and grammar. "reclamination" is not proper English; "reintegration" would be more appropriate.
                              -Missed a Contact Us link. Actually you show it as Ox Mail Access. Not sure if this could be confusing.
                              Bill
                              www.blueearthtea.com
                              www.ftaaconsulting.com
                              www.iaval.com
                              www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
                              X