Basic Form Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Form Problem

All I am trying to do is set up a basic form, to register to a mailing list.

I have Name, e-mail fields only to enter. I have created this in a basic form, a selected Action: action.php, Method: post, and Mulipart/form data

The thank you screen is named just action.php, and file extention is set to .php

This is the HTML code I have pasted into inside body tag:

<?PHP
    $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];
    $mailto = "realpartremoved********.co.uk";
    $mailsubj = "Register";
    $mailhead = "From: $email\n";
    reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
    $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form :\n";
    while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
    {
    if ($key!="submit")
    {
    $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
    }
    }
    mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
    ?>

Have I messed something up along the line somewhere? and will it even work with hotmail?

Re: Basic Form Problem

What problem excactly do you have ? The script will work with any email address.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ah yes I forgot to add the problem, the form seems to process, goes to action.php page, but no mail arrives.

Comment

Please check your spam folder. I have been using hotmail addresses with no problem. Just mailed you, please confirm that you are receiving mails ok.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

This is what i got when i mailed you:

- These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server:
          realpartremoved********.co.uk; Failed; 5.1.1 (bad destination mailbox address)

Remote MTA mx2.hotmail.com: SMTP diagnostic: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

Seems that there is something wrong with your email address.
          Navaldesign

Comment

No that's not the real mail address, I didnt want spam getting hold of it.

real is pro-punters(at)hotmail.co.uk

I still haven't fixed it, seems to send ok just dosnt appear in my mail.

Comment

Try it with an alternative email address. Or use Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor
              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
              X