Help Linking Cart to Site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Linking Cart to Site?

Hi! Under newbie in the dictionary, they have a picture of me! I managed to build 2 websites so far with Blue Voda, which is absolutely amazing to me! I love it, and have learned so much from using it. Anyway, my question is this: I am starting to build my first ecommerce site, and I am even more in the dark with this! I ordered a new account for this site, and I have downloaded Soho. But, as I browse through the tutorials etc., I really would prefer to build my site with BV. I know that it has been posted that you can use both BV and Soho shopping cart. Question is, do I set up the cart first, or build the site? Obviously, I am going to have to build the site and create all of the links and page names etc. manually in BV, so how do I link to Soho.? I know you are all probably tired of these questions, but I just don't know if I can learn another program! Plus, I can't find a template I like, but I have what I want that I can use in BV. Also,I have already downloaded Soho. If I am going to publish with BV, will I have to uninstall and then redo? I just don't want to get to far into this and then decide I need to change. Thanks!
    A place for moms:

When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out. ~Erma Bombeck

Re: Help Linking Cart to Site?

Yes, you can use both - but for the reasons you described, I also decided not to continue building a store in Soho - but I didn't want to use both - so I uninstalled Soho and found another shopping cart option.

I suggest you look at your shopping cart options and decide what you want to do - whether still use Soho for it - or use paypal buttons - or use Mal's Ecommerce (has buttons, will work with paypal or a merchant account, can have free accounts) - or use Cart Manager, has a cost, can be used with paypal or merchant account. Mal's and Cart Manager both are shopping cart solutions that allow you to add the code to a site you design - which works very well with BV.

And there are others - those are just some options you have.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Re: Help Linking Cart to Site?

Thanks! Yeah, I think I am going to look into those other options as well. I just want to stick with what I know for now, as I have had to learn so much already!
      A place for moms:

When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out. ~Erma Bombeck

Comment

Working...
      X