Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please review my site thanks!!

Hi all,
    Its been along time coming but its finaly up and running.
    Please can you give it a scan over, I am all ears...Colour prefs,design,spelling or keywords..likes or dislikes thanks for your help,I look forward to your comments.

By the way the site is no way finished I would like to add more pages like the victorian era and tips and ways to hold a house party etc..

Thanks again Sordfishbill......www.eriviathall.co.uk
    Eriviat Hall a Selfcatering Private Country Retreat
    www.eriviathall.co.uk see you soon!

Re: Please review my site thanks!!

Nice work, some minor tweakings and you're on your way.
    Consider:
    -Center your page to 800. While not everyone has to scroll, at 1024 your page is inclined to the left.
    -Very nice photos, would be nice to clcik on them and see them larger.
    -Italics can be sometimes difficult to read, perhaps dropping one font size will improve readability.
    -Try the marquee text in other colors too. White might be a better choice.
    -Where you have an email, its a good idea to link, so that users do not have to copy and paste.
    -Check spelling LIverpool.

Good luck, I will have to come back for that contest.
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hello mate. Your site is great, Well thought out and layed out. I have to agree with bill about the Italic Font. However, There are a few things I found aswell.

- It takes along time to load

- There is a little to much on the homepage-maybe put in some links to other information.

- Italic can be very hard to read if you have eye problems.

Other then that, I'm going to have to say... Great site mate!

Comment

I like your layout with the pictures down the sides. I dont like your header with the boar and coat of arms they dont match the quality of the other images. Top left opening soon, could be improved, bit grainy. Agree with Bill about e-mail, I expect to click on the e-mailaddress and something to happen, instead i have to submit a form in the contacts page. liked the competition idea, tried to enter but guess i'll have to wait. Congratulations on well made site and a beautiful hotel
        www.glidingcomp.com

Comment

Hi again,

1 I think I have centred it now.
          2 Looking into click on photo.
          3 Changing text from Italic to Normal your right it looks clearer
          4 Changed the marque text from red to white..spot on.
          5 Email link..? Shall I link it to the contact page..or?
          6 Changed spelling LIverpool Liverpool..lol
          6 Load times how do I help it load faster?..I dont want to have to move the pictures off,is there anything else slowing it?

Thankyou Bill and Ryan for your swift reply,
          Sordfishbill www.eriviathall.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

1 Thanks Mrcirrus, some people like the Boars Head And Coat of arms..but I agree with you I think it looks abit cliparty,I will see what I can do.

2 I will have a look at the contact in the corner..do you Know of anything I can use to make it?

3 Yeah that email link..? Link it to were?

Thanks again..Sordfishbill. www.eriviathall.co.uk

Comment

You've done a very good job .. but as I'm on the highest speed right now - and had to wait for the picture show to load - you might want to reconsider doing that on the home page - or at least look into doing it where it loads faster.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Your email link on the left handside. Highlight the e-mail address and select link off top menu buttons. Change link type from http to mailto. Then in the url box (below link type box) add mailto:contact@eriviathall.co.uk
                www.glidingcomp.com

Comment

I like the layout colours and buttons and I think the coat of arms goes well, maybe a better one would work better. The boar needs work though maybe a giff with interlaced back so you lose the rectange. Personally I don't think you need the top left giff, normal text would work just as well for me. The main images do take a long while to load and I have a fast connection also. How about having one image to start with while the roll over loads?
                  John
                  http://www.madmermaids.com

Comment

Very appealing, the layout and the colors lend themselves to the theme in a attractive way . Some of the pix are a bit blurry and the one left corner bottom is just bad lighting by photog, maybe you can fix those with paintnet.com or other. All in all a terrific start.
                    Choco777
                    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Very well done...
                      I love the colours you used and the whole layout is excellent!
                      I would love to be on vacation right now in that castle! kenb

Comment

Glad I could help ;)

Comment

Love the look and feel and yes...the colors. They go so well together. I pretty much have the same comments as mentioned above, with a possible suggestion. How about a map of where you are located. Not being familiar with the UK, it would be nice to have a quick map on your site. Congratulations and I look forward to seeing more.
                          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Wow .... are you ever organized ... great job on the organization, the colours are splendid.

A couple things .... Your nav bar - Links - I would expect to be taken to a page of links as opposed to a contact form to be able to link .... just my thoughts ....

And your links that you offer on one of your pages, golf courses etc., they are all links to what is in your area ... but when you go to their pages, you have left your site ... and many of those sites have very annoying popups and my pop up blocker is on. Consider setting the target as _blank for these pages that leave your site, then the viewer will not lose your site in, as I call it, "outer space"

Just one other thing .... you have a grooms place ... what about the bride? I wanna be a groom ... lol

Looks like a great place for a retreat, very special, I sure would like to visit one day!!

Great Site! Good Luck, you've done all the right things to bring in business!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                            02036089024 / United Kingdom
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Very beautiful. Well organized. Down on the very botton in italics, you say this site can be modified. I think you meant to say, can not be modified.
                              www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Working...
                              X