"Options" Button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Options" Button?

I can't figure out how to get the little "options" button to work?? Under Group Name I just named it something 'generic' ... and under Value, I put in the link to the website I want people to be able to click on to go there... I saved my page and published it, thinking maybe it just wouldn't work in "preview in browser" - but no luck.

Can anyone help me please??? Thank you!!!
    Phyllis O'Neill

Re: "Options" Button?

Not too clear what you are trying to do. Are you going into Tools in your web builder page and choosing Options and having problems?

Comment

Originally posted by kenb
      Not too clear what you are trying to do. Are you going into Tools in your web builder page and choosing Options and having problems?
      No... in the BV website builder, up at the top you'll see the icons for Form, Button, Advanced, Image Button, Checkbox... and the next one is Option.

I'm trying to figure out how to use that button. Did that make sense??
      Phyllis O'Neill

Comment

You know, I got to thinking... I might be trying to use that for something it's not intended to be used for - eek!! Maybe I should just use the "button" icon and put the word "Go" and people can click on that to be taken to the website ... ???
        Phyllis O'Neill

Comment

Rats... that didn't work either :(
          Phyllis O'Neill

Comment

Hi
            I appoligize for I just can not see this options button you are referring to.
            If I were to go to Insert and see the options available, all of the buttons are presented as mentioned in the above post. I am unable to see an Options button in this area. The only place I am able to find an Options buttion is in the Tools icon. Perhaps I have an older version of B.V. or I may be looking in the wrong area all together? I would like to help you if I can. kenb

Comment

Option is another name for the Radio button. Radio buttons are used in order to allow the visitor to make a selection (and only one) among those present in that part of the form. F.e., you insert TWO radio buttons, for them to choose if they want or not to signup for your newsletter.

Beside the first, you put the text "Yes", beside the second, you put the text "No". Both have to belong to the same group, so double click the first, and in the Group field type in "newsletter". Give it value "Yes".
              For the second, Group name is also "newsletter", value should be "No". In preview, you will see that when you click on one, the other becomes inactive, and Viceversa. When you submit the form info, you will receive (among the othat info) a variable called "newsletter" and the value of this varable will be "Yes" or "No", depending on what you have selected.

Have a look at this example of the ABVFP and look at the bottom, left part to see how the radio (or Option) buttons are used. Look at the "Answer priority" which has 3 radio buttons: Normal, Urgent, Critical" .
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi George,

I hope youre keeping well. Week -end close upon us and time for some well earned rest.

Your info on th eoption button helped me and I am asking the following.

Is it possible to create a similar option button but with the check bow look? That is instead of showing a bullet it will reflect as a tick as can be seen on my site - http://www.gnjgf.co.za/domtour.php

I prefer the look of the check box as this information gets faxed back to me currently and by placing the option button - in faxing some definition is lost and confussion reigns.

Your help here is appreciated
                Kind Regards
                Rob
                www.gnjgf.co.za
                www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

No. Radio buttons are default html and they are only possible as you know them.

Please note that the mailto: action will NOT work for most of your visitors, and there is nothing you can do about that because it depends on the email client settings of each single user
                  Navaldesign
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks George.

If I understand correctly then. If I am to have a radio button with a tick in it - like the checkbox - I need to create it - and make it an .Html file. How easy is that I have no idea.

I didnt understand your comment regarding the mailto. . . . . .

Is there a way that you can advise me to create a new radio button - to be like the one I suggest?
                    Kind Regards
                    Rob
                    www.gnjgf.co.za
                    www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

You CANNOT create a new radio button. HTML by default assigns this shape (circle) when a radio button is involved.

Mailto: the form that you posted above, has as action "mailto:...." It will ry to directly email the form info to your email address. This will NOT work in most cases. Please read carefully the text UNDER the multimedia tutorial in BlueVoda Forms Tutorial Part 1 to see why
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks George,

The form as you see it was my endevour to get the page to come through as it is seen on the web. As you have already explained this won't succeed.

I must then obviously try remove some of the details that confuse matters on the computer and thus make the form opreate a little more efficiently.

Part of the learning process.

Now that I know we cant develop a radio button that looks different can a person use a checkbow that will do the same thing i.e when choosing one cancle the choice of the other - a simple yes no option is required by using a one click operation.
                        Kind Regards
                        Rob
                        www.gnjgf.co.za
                        www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Hi George,

With the deafult check boxs and radion buttons - when selected they choose the highlighting colour as black.

Is there a manner in which the highlighting colour can be changed to say reflect red or green or any other colour for that fact and how would one do it?
                          Kind Regards
                          Rob
                          www.gnjgf.co.za
                          www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Now that I know we cant develop a radio button that looks different can a person use a checkbow that will do the same thing i.e when choosing one cancle the choice of the other - a simple yes no option is required by using a one click operation
                            As said, NO. The "Check one/automatically uncheck the other" option is only related to radio buttons. You can NOT use the checkboxes for this purpose

With the deafult check boxs and radion buttons - when selected they choose the highlighting colour as black.

Is there a manner in which the highlighting colour can be changed to say reflect red or green or any other colour for that fact and how would one do it?
                            No, that's by default dedined by each browser. In FF it is black, in IE it's green, etc.

The form as you see it was my endevour to get the page to come through as it is seen on the web. As you have already explained this won't succeed.

Yes, it is almost impossible having the form arrive in your inbox in this format (attention: i say "almost", in fact it is possible, but it requires special coding).

A valid alternative would be that of having a html email based on tables that would send you the form info formatted in logical blocks, as in the email that you get from my autoresponder wen you use my form. But, that also requires particular code in the script, as i have done it.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks George.

The options are slowly becoming more clear to me.

I have come a long way with my web site and it is really showing good progress and with the target group we have we merely collect members data and then distribute new information as the need requires.

In my search through the web - and I know you say "almost" impossible - RTF has been mentioned a couple of times.

Would this be part of the option you are mentioning?

The other info I am quering is that of a newsletter.

I receive a newsletter via my email address and it has my name attached to it.

If it doesnt load the option is to pick a path indicated on the email and it takes me to the index page of that newsletter.

This is a wonderful option to spread our type of news.

Question/s

1.Does one have to register with a service provider to do a bulk mail?
                              2.Is there an option where one can send bulk mail without going to any expense - bar sending each person and individual mail?
                              3.Is this process fairly easy to set up?

A lot of questions but its the only way to learn.
                              Kind Regards
                              Rob
                              www.gnjgf.co.za
                              www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Working...
                              X