Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Loading Clear Digital Pics

Hi all,

I own a women's color cosmetics line and I need to learn how to take and load "clear" digital pictures onto the website. I own a compact 6MP digital camera; however it does not have any fancy features or zoom lenses. The pics that I take are too small to load on the website. I need some advice on what I need to do to improve the pics. If I need a better digital camera, I do not mind purchasing one...just need some suggested cameras. Ive looked into hiring photographers, however they too astronomical, besides I think that it is somewhat counter productive to be able to build a website, but not be able to take and load your own pictures! Any insight would help as this is the last big piece of the site I need to pull together before I release the site to my clients.

Thanks!

Terrance

Re: Need Help Loading Clear Digital Pics

I presume you mean that the object in your picture is too small?

If you have photoshop or adobe photodeluxe editor you can trim your picture so that only the item you want featured shows. If you have a six mega pixel camera the small picture you will get at the end probably is still large enough to show on your website well. You need a small photo (in pixels) anyway otherwise it would take too long to load.

Try this before investing in a camera with an optical zoom - this will be your next alternative if your current camera does not give good enough results.

Remember when buying camera though, you need to get one with a good lens rather than the largest number of pixels - this is where the most quality is.
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Hi, You will be surprised at how good a web image you can get very cheaply. The camera is important, but I would say your lighting & back ground is more crucial. Have a quick look at this seller on eBay
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MASSIVE-47-24-...QQcmdZViewItem
      as to what can be achieved with a basic camera & some idea’s on how to go about it. If you try taking your images with a flash? Try bouncing the light of a white surface or putting some white silk or a handkerchief over the flash to take away the harshness.

Good luck

Chris.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you so much for the advise. I will look into photo shop as well as playing with the light and back ground.

Many thanks for the tips!!

Terrance

Comment

Its not the camera, with 6 megapixels you can have 11X14 or larger excellent quality photos, which by the way you would not post such a big file anyways.

Invest in some good lights and a tr****. You'll be surpised what you can do.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
          X