Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preventing Web Pages Being Copied And Pasted ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preventing Web Pages Being Copied And Pasted ?

Hello,

Is there any simple way, without writing HTML code ( Ive only just managed to publish the site lol !! ) that I can prevent my web pages or items from the page being copied and pasted by a person viewing it??

I have seen active web pages on the internet where items can't be copied. Some even come up with a notice saying the content is copyright when someone tries to copy them.

Thanks,
    John
    www.goinfishing.co.uk

Re: Preventing Web Pages Being Copied And Pasted ?

You can always use a pre-written DHTML script like the below:

Just copy and paste it into an HTML box.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I don't know if this is the technique your solution uses, but I've read that disabling "view source" can have a negative impact on search engine rankings. Is that right?

Comment

I've never heard about it causing a negative impact on se's - it's just a very annoying thing for anyone to do and doesn't do a bit of good. Just because someone can't get there utilizing the mouse, doesn't stop them from getting there by traditional methods.

If you really have something of such value that it's worth protecting - do it the right way with the proper scripts - and put watermarks on the pictures so people won't want to take them.

If you don't have the time or money to do it the right way, you probably don't want to put it on the web. And you probably never want to email anything to anyone either - as that will travel also,
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X