• Show
Clear All

• Cool search engine tip!

Try this out and see if it works for you

Go to widexl.com
    Enter your domain name
    Select the Google search engine
    Ener the 4 digit code - press enter

This shows you several different things but for what we are talking about, the area you are looking for is "Your Site Displayed on a Search Engine"

This first part of this shows your title, then your title again (underneath), then the next thing it shows is whatever the first thing the search engine sees...It doesn't matter where it exists on the page.

Try this to prove it to your self:

Preview a page in BV
    Select View>Page Source.
    Look to the very last piece of text on your page in the HTML code.
    Find that same text on your page in the BV page editor,

Select that text block >right click>select "Move To Back"
    After you have done that, preview your page in HTML again and notice that that piece of text is now the first piece of text found on your page. It will be placed higher up in the HTML than it was before and it should be the first piece of text in the <body> but it will still be located in the exact same spot visually on your page.....

Pulish the page and run the Wide XL tool again. This new text will show up next after your titel in the Wide XL tool.

All of my search engine results have proven this to me many times over the last couple of months. You can make any piece of text anywhere on your page be the very first thing that the search engine sees. It doesn't matter where on the page the text or image is located. This says to me that the search engines not only read your page from top to bottom but also from back to front. Think of your web page like a deck of cards laying on its side. When you send the image or the text "to the back", it goes literrally to the very back 'card'. By selecting the object or text again and selecting "move forward" then preview your page again, you can see that for every time you move some thing one time it moves lower in the HTML code.

This has to be a CSS thing don't you think?

I have been using this technique for setting up keyword rich text for the search engines to find and it works perfectly. I simply create the text I want, right click on it, select "Move to Back" and it always becomes the very first thing the search engines find.

I have taken this a bit further even. Once I have determined what I want the search engines to find first, I make a note of what it is and I start at the bottom of the pages and begin sending text and images to the back in the order that they appear on the page or whatever order I want the search engines to find them in. I save my most important keyword paragraph for the last item to "send to Back" . Keep in mind that search engines like an hour glass shaped keyword paragraphs and pages. In other words, lots of keywords at the beginning in the first 25 words and again in the last 25 words. They don't care much about what is in the middle. So I move my main keyword rich paragraph to the back and another keyword rich paragraph gets moved to the front so that it will be the last thing the search engine reads. this leaves the other stuff placed in the middle of the HTML code that the search engines just skim......So from the search engines point of view, my pages now look 100% relevant to the keywords...

I have been playing with this for a couple of months now and it does work perfectly.

Anyone else?????
    Affordable Medical Insurance
    Discount Dental Plan
    Washington State Health Insurance
    Temporary Health Insurance
    Homeowner Insurance Quote

Re: Cool search engine tip!

Oh, you got me playing again.

Thanks for sharing that!

Remember with BV - the last thing you add to the page is the first to be loaded - so with one of my sites, what it's showing first is the Halloween blurb I put on - not a bad thing -
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I have been playing with for a while and it is really cool. Let me know what you find, Bethers. You can actually see the changes without publishing the pages. I did a preview and then viewed the source code and can watch the changes that way. I ran the WideXL tool after I published it just to verify if what I was seeing was true...and the Wide XL tool verified it.....then when my sites got crawled again, I saw the exact same result in the search result pages. I even put an H1 tag at the very bottom of the page, sent it to the back and then had it come up as the very first thing to get spidered.....from the bottom of the page!

The last image you place may be the first thing loaded but from this it seems that the search engines are looking at it in the reverse of how we see images loaded.....kinda fun to play with huh?????

I wanted to go and try a couple more things but ALL OF MY SITES ARE DOWN OR MESSED UP..............BV what is happening???? All of my sites are now coming up as my wifes animal rescue site........HELP!!!!! Submitting support ticket........
      Discount Dental Plan

Comment

Had a little play with this, I am not brilliant on the techie side, so I wondered what poison keyword means? It says forum is a poison keyword and also says 'Found no reobots meta tag'?

Anything I should be bothered about?

Regards Paul
        www.anxietynomore.co.uk
        The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
        Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
        Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Did this "poison' keyword come up on the WideXL results page? If so, that might mean that the term "Forum' is too popular and much to wide of a broad search term and considered generic. Might want to ask Bethers about that. She is pretty darn smart.

The No Robots txt refers to a small piece of code that looks like this:

<META name="revisit-after" content="5 days">
          <META name="robots" content="index, follow">
          <META name="Robots" content="All">

This piece of code tells the search engines or 'robots' to revisit your website every 5 days. Som epeople say it help some people sy it doesn't. It is not a mandatory thing but I use it on my sites and I think if you can have anything that helps then you should use it.

If you want to insert it into your page do this:
          Open BV site builder and open your index page;
          Go to View>Page HTML and copy and paste this code into the"Between the Head" section of the HTML editor. You can change the number of days to anything you want.

Did you have any other luck with this SEO trick? I found that it is much faster to just preview the site and check the HTML and notice where your text items appear. As a test try this:

Open a new text box.

Place on your page at the very bottom the word SEO TEST.

Preview the page in your browser (don't publish it) HINT- Mozilla works better than InterNet Explorer for searching your HTML

To to View>Page Source

Once that opens go to Edit>Find and type in SEO

Notice that the word SEO TEST should be at or towards the bottom of the HTML.

Now, close this window, go back into the BV site builder, select the SEO TEST text, right click and select "Move to Back", not "Move Back"

No go an preview your page HTML again. This should have moved the SEO TEST text to the top of your HTML body.

Let me know how this works for you. I have posted this on several SEO forums and many of the so called SEO experts are telling me I am wrong.....well, my results and testing observations tell me that some of the SEO experts don't know JACK!

Bethers, have you played with this yet? What kind of results did you see?
          Discount Dental Plan

Comment

could u plz explain what does the particular meta tag does?

nhugu.com - We are professional solution providers to facilitate in your corporate, business, official and personal presence in the web.

Comment

thanks, this is a great tip. I've played with it today for a while and got hooked. It definitely opened my eyes even though I thought I did quite well with page description and keywords. Thanks for sharing the information.

Comment

Originally posted by sameer
                could u plz explain what does the particular meta tag does?

This tells the SE spider to revisit the site after 5 days to look for new content.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Your welcome RpLusT
                  I started seing the results I wanted on any search engine for any term that was on my page by doing this. I am surprised more people are't commenting on this...

Naval, did you get a chance to try this?
                  Discount Dental Plan

Comment

I have this in my sitemap directly. SE visit my sitemap once a week, and from there they go on searching all my links as well.
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

This is definitely one of the most memorable "BV Tips" I have come across yet, having "re-discovered it" now that I am just about ready to apply it on 4 new websites.....

It is directly focused on the newest and most important Google (Yahoo! and MSN follow closely) SEO metric: The PERFECT PAGE model.

EXCELLENT POST!
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

>> Everyone should perform this task to their websites, be they created in Blue Voda or not.

The principle is sound, and delivers definitive results in addition to being just the technique Google, Yahoo!, and MSN have publically stated as one of their 5 core metrics.
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Really glad you are finding it useful Vasili. Let me know what other kinds of luck you have with this.....

Naval, that is a method I hadn't thought of using it for...very clever.....

I showed a friend of mine that is a real SEO GURU (at $500 per hour!) this deal and he was pretty impressed that I had figured this out. He had never seen this presented this way at all. As my sites age and I build backlinks, this little trick has allowed me to capture relevance for other key words without altering my sites at all.
                          Discount Dental Plan

Comment

very interesting thanks...
                            http://www.beebrothers.org

Success is not a doorway. It is a staircase.

Comment

HI everyone,

My site is finally ready for online use and I'll be optimizing it and submitting it over the next few days. The resource in this thread is a PERFECT starting point.

Thanks,

Scott
                              Videoproduceronline.com - Join An Elite Group of Online Businesses Using Professional Direct Response Video That Mesmerizes Website Visitors With A Call To Action.

Comment

Working...
                              X