This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm stuck

I'll try to make sense with this question...I had a domain that a friend put an "under construction" page up for me. Needless to say I am in here because he never began construction. I have transfered everything over to VodaHost and it has all been confirmed by both sides. I had built some pages in BlueVoda and published them. It said publish was completed on all pages. When I go to my website the same old page keeps showing and no sign of my new work. What did I not do? www.chaplainsmith.com

Thanks, Chaps
    Chaps

www.chaplainsmith.com

Re: I'm stuck

Did you name the main page of your site index - no caps, no other words? Then publish again.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I saw that you had told someone else that on another forum so I did that and after I published it I went back to the page and clicked preview...when I clicked my link for "home" it linked me to some index website. I switched it back to what I had which was my original website domain and it pops up when I press the home button. My problem is trying to get my domain to pull up my new Home page and not my old one.
      www.chaplainsmith.com
      Chaps
      Chaps

www.chaplainsmith.com

Comment

No - you don't want your link on the site to change - I'm talking about the NAME of the page when you save it LOL - the index website you saw was your own index.

Go into bv and bring up your home page - then click save as - and put in index - click save and publish
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Let me ask this, why doesn't my "home" page (that I saved as index) pop up when I go to my website address? My old website (which was nothing more than 1 page) still comes up.

Chaps
          Chaps

www.chaplainsmith.com

Comment

If all else is correct, your computer is storing (caching) the old page. You can try hitting the F5 button a couple of dozen times to try to get it to refresh. You can also go to your XP Settings/Control Panel/Internet Options and clear your cookies and temp internet files and history. That should do it.
            CarbonTerry
            Semper Fi
            Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
            Zone 5 Photo
            My USMC

Comment

OK, where is the "old" site at? If it's not from voda than everything is not transferred. Are the name servers pointed to Voda?
              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Your domain is still pointing to
                NS1.VALUETECH.NET and NS2.VALUETECH.NET which are the nameservers of your old hoster. However, i can see that your domain is now under VodaHost Domains. So you need to enter your Vodahostdomains CP and change the DND to point to your VH account.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                X