PDA

View Full Version : I'm stuck

chaps
10-20-2006, 02:14 AM
I'll try to make sense with this question...I had a domain that a friend put an "under construction" page up for me. Needless to say I am in here because he never began construction. I have transfered everything over to VodaHost and it has all been confirmed by both sides. I had built some pages in BlueVoda and published them. It said publish was completed on all pages. When I go to my website the same old page keeps showing and no sign of my new work. What did I not do? www.chaplainsmith.com (http://www.chaplainsmith.com/)

Thanks, Chaps

Bethers
10-20-2006, 02:43 AM
Did you name the main page of your site index - no caps, no other words? Then publish again.

chaps
10-20-2006, 02:55 AM
I saw that you had told someone else that on another forum so I did that and after I published it I went back to the page and clicked preview...when I clicked my link for "home" it linked me to some index website. I switched it back to what I had which was my original website domain and it pops up when I press the home button. My problem is trying to get my domain to pull up my new Home page and not my old one.
www.chaplainsmith.com (http://www.chaplainsmith.com)
Chaps

Bethers
10-20-2006, 03:19 AM
No - you don't want your link on the site to change - I'm talking about the NAME of the page when you save it LOL - the index website you saw was your own index.

Go into bv and bring up your home page - then click save as - and put in index - click save and publish

chaps
10-20-2006, 03:42 AM
Let me ask this, why doesn't my "home" page (that I saved as index) pop up when I go to my website address? My old website (which was nothing more than 1 page) still comes up.

Chaps

CarbonTerry
10-20-2006, 05:09 AM
If all else is correct, your computer is storing (caching) the old page. You can try hitting the F5 button a couple of dozen times to try to get it to refresh. You can also go to your XP Settings/Control Panel/Internet Options and clear your cookies and temp internet files and history. That should do it.

Bethers
10-20-2006, 06:09 AM
OK, where is the "old" site at? If it's not from voda than everything is not transferred. Are the name servers pointed to Voda?

navaldesign
10-20-2006, 06:50 AM
Your domain is still pointing to
NS1.VALUETECH.NET and NS2.VALUETECH.NET which are the nameservers of your old hoster. However, i can see that your domain is now under VodaHost Domains. So you need to enter your Vodahostdomains CP and change the DND to point to your VH account.