X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Content Management????

Hi...

In Fantastico there are many different Content Management programs... What I would like to know, is which one - if any - would help me with this problem below...

I want to take information from the mySQL database and place it onto my webpage... lets say I have ten users and each has 20 pieces of information each, and I want to publish all of that info for each user onto the webpage... but the information might change from time to time, so instead of a simply placing it on the webpage - using BV. I want all the information stored onto a database, so that i can change it easily. And once I change the info on the database the webpage with all that info chages as well....

Thank you for your time,
    Chris

Re: Content Management????

CMS systems are mostly for publishing articles and pages, not data retreival. I really do not understand exactly what you want to do and how you want the data entered and presented, but it sounds like you might need a customized solution.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Oh...

Thanks... I'll try explain it better...

I want to take information from a database and publish it onto my webpage. I don't know how to go about doing this though....

I'm going to try to give you an example... ok... here goes...

There is a user - named chris1 - this user has 5 pieces of information - telnumber, address, e-mail, practise, and price. Now, for this user - chris1 - I want to place all his information in a block - like pic below:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	497434

Then on the same webpage I want to add the users - chris2, chris3, chris4, and chris5. Like So:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	497433

I hope you now understand what I am looking to do...

Thank you,
      Chris

Comment

You need a custom made script for that. Have a look at http://www.navaldesign.info/databasemanager/
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X