forum customizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forum customizing

does anyone know how to change the colors etc to match your site in the phbb fantastico forums ?

Re: forum customizing

Check here there are lots of skins for your phpbb forum http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/catdb.php?db=2

Comment

I've just asked the same question on the phpBB forum.
      I was told that phBB free forums usually have loads of styles to choose from already added by the hosts.Is that Blue Voda?
      I don't have any except subsilver in the drop down menu in admin.

I can't find anywhere to down load a style to?How on earth do change it if I've nowhere to browse from? help!!!
      Am I being a bit of a numpty?
      frogs in wigs

Comment

Originally posted by Ballybumba
        I've just asked the same question on the phpBB forum.
        I was told that phBB free forums usually have loads of styles to choose from already added by the hosts.Is that Blue Voda?
        I don't have any except subsilver in the drop down menu in admin.

I can't find anywhere to down load a style to?How on earth do change it if I've nowhere to browse from? help!!!
        Am I being a bit of a numpty?
        Click Here for most the styles, Download the style you want on to a place you can find it on your computer. then open your ftp manager and connect, on the left side find the folder you just downloaded. on the right side find and open the folder your forum is in. when open find the folder named templates, open this you should see a folder named subSilver, now on the left side of your ftp manager click to highlight the folder of your new skin, then in the tool bar at the top of page find COPY click this a popup will appear click OK now the folder from the left will be copied to the right. Very important when it has finished check that all the files and folders have been copied over. when happy go to your forum sign in and go to admin ( link at bottom of page ) sign into admin, now on the left side of screen there should been a scrolable pannel, scrole down to styleS Admin click Add, on the the main screen you will see a small box appear with Style, Template, Action, under the style and template it should say the name of your new style click Install , when finished go back to admin pannel, to set the new style as the defoult find the general Admin click Configuration scroll down to Default Style make the box your new style also set the Override user style to Yes then click submit , that it your all done return to your forum index and injoy.

Comment

Q:1 .Customising of item on sites, and add it field on top page and other pages is easy ?
          How to do it.? . Are there easy to use any instruction site on VodaHost home?. Where is it?
          Q:2,, Can I transfer and set up my existing home page in other host server to your VodaHost with registration. Is it any difficulty to do it?. I must reconstruct my page by Voda blue 8G?.

Comment

Q:1 .Customising of item on sites, and add it field on top page and other pages is easy ?
            How to do it.? . Are there easy to use any instruction site on VodaHost home?. Where is it?
            Q:2,, Can I transfer and set up my existing home page in other host server to your VodaHost with registration. Is it any difficulty to do it?. I must reconstruct my page by Voda blue 8G?.

Comment

Originally posted by Aliens Anonymous
              Click Here for most the styles, Download the style you want on to a place you can find it on your computer. then open your ftp manager and connect, on the left side find the folder you just downloaded. on the right side find and open the folder your forum is in. when open find the folder named templates, open this you should see a folder named subSilver, now on the left side of your ftp manager click to highlight the folder of your new skin, then in the tool bar at the top of page find COPY click this a popup will appear click OK now the folder from the left will be copied to the right. Very important when it has finished check that all the files and folders have been copied over. when happy go to your forum sign in and go to admin ( link at bottom of page ) sign into admin, now on the left side of screen there should been a scrolable pannel, scrole down to styleS Admin click Add, on the the main screen you will see a small box appear with Style, Template, Action, under the style and template it should say the name of your new style click Install , when finished go back to admin pannel, to set the new style as the defoult find the general Admin click Configuration scroll down to Default Style make the box your new style also set the Override user style to Yes then click submit , that it your all done return to your forum index and injoy.
              I'm trying to custimize my forum as well. I tried following what you said above but I ran across some problems.

First off I downloaded the style I wanted. Then I tried to find the ftp manager like you said. I was not really sure where this was so I tried my control panel in BV and found an ftp manager. However, I did not see where I needed to connect or a list of files on the left or anything on the right either. All I got was a list for FTP Accounts, Setup Anonymous FTP Accounts, Anonymous FTP Message, and FTP Session Control.

Am I in the right place? Am I doing something wrong?
              ID: 11830
              www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

Providing you are using BlueVoda

on computer click start / all programs / Find BlueVoda WebSite Builder run curser over you will see a list click the BlueFTP . better still click the BlueFTP and hold the click down then drag into your start menu.
                on opening ftp click connect enter your info into the fields in the popup then press connect.

Comment

Providing you are using BlueVoda

on computer click start / all programs / Find BlueVoda WebSite Builder run curser over you will see a list click the BlueFTP . better still click the BlueFTP and hold the click down then drag into your start menu.
                  on opening ftp click connect enter your info into the fields in the popup then press connect.
                  I got all connected and copied the file from the left to the right but when I go to add it to my forum it does not show up under the Style, Template, Action box. Any idea what I am doing wrong there?
                  ID: 11830
                  www.steadyracing.net

Forum Menace!

Comment

Originally posted by BLK306
                    I got all connected and copied the file from the left to the right but when I go to add it to my forum it does not show up under the Style, Template, Action box. Any idea what I am doing wrong there?
                    You have to unzip it before uploading it.
                    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I've been trying to do the exact samething.....except I cant even connect to my FTP when I follow the above directions it says:

The attempt to connect to the FTP server failed.
                      Last server response:
                      View the Trace Window for more details
                      (Menu->Remote->Trace Window)

Can someone pls tell me why this is happening? I've downloaded the template I like to my desktop....so far that's as far as I get :(

Thank you for any help

http://www.ka-clan.com/

Comment

Hi all... I'm trying to work this cutomization as well, but I'm having some sort of trouble finding the actual forum directory in my FTP.

I open Blue FTP and go to look for the forum directory... it's not showing up. I don't have a folder anywhere. ??? In fact, when I open the public HTML, it doesn't even list the entire library of files that's in there.

Is there a step I missed?

I downloaded a zip file from the website and was going to add it just like the instructions say... but there doesn't seem to be a folder that has anything to do with forums or "subsilver" or anything like that.

I'm a little confused. Any help would be great. Thanks!
                        George
                        www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hester
                          Hi all... I'm trying to work this cutomization as well, but I'm having some sort of trouble finding the actual forum directory in my FTP.

I open Blue FTP and go to look for the forum directory... it's not showing up. I don't have a folder anywhere. ??? In fact, when I open the public HTML, it doesn't even list the entire library of files that's in there.

Is there a step I missed?

I downloaded a zip file from the website and was going to add it just like the instructions say... but there doesn't seem to be a folder that has anything to do with forums or "subsilver" or anything like that.

I'm a little confused. Any help would be great. Thanks!
                          As your Forum is there and showing up the folder is the there, look in your main directory for a folder named forum, as you have changed the logo .

Comment

As your Forum is there and showing up the folder is the there, look in your main directory for a folder named forum, as you have changed the logo .
                            I'll get back to you once I get back from work. I still can't seem to find it but I'll respond again later.
                            George
                            www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Okay... I'm back.

So, yes I know that the folder is there. It shows up when I open my control panelX thingie. I added my own pic through the file manager online.

But what I'm saying is that when I open up Blue FTP, the folder isn't showing up. In fact, there are a number of files and folders that do not show up in the public html section in Blue FTP. Does that make sense?

When I open the FTP and it's split down the middle... left side computer stuff, right side the FTP manager, the FTP is not showing all of the folder/files.

I didn't try doing this through the file manager online yet, so I'll go try that in a bit. The only thing that was confusing to me though was that the actual folders were not shoing up in my FTP editor.
                              George
                              www.virtuosocreative.com

Comment

Working...
                              X