PDA

View Full Version : Installed, but can't access

Chimbird
10-20-2006, 05:00 PM
Hi. I installed Soholaunch through Fantastico. I had the installation details emailed to me, but I can't access the program. If I use the "visit site" link in cPanel, that takes me to my homepage. If I use http://chimneybird.com/sohoadmin/ I get my custom error page - nowhere to sign in.

Is this because my site is still hosted by Yahoo? How do I build my new site and keep the other one running?

Thank you.

Jennifer
www.chimneybird.com

Karen Mac
10-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Jennifer,

Yes you get the error cuz the domain is still pointing to yahoo, and the soho install isnt on yahoo. I think you can still access it with the temprorary url they gave you when you purchased hosting.

Karen

VodaHost
10-20-2006, 05:16 PM
Let us not put the cart before the horse, change your name servers to point to VodaHost or transfers your domain name to VodaHost and you soho installation will work just fine. A temp. url is very limited in its functionality.

How do I build my new site and keep the other one running?

This is not possible if you plan on using Soholaunch, Soholaunch requires full use of your domain name.

Karen Mac
10-20-2006, 05:23 PM

<bows> I stand corrected. I didnt try to build without repointing, so I didnt know if you could or not, but i did know you could access some stuff via the temp, as thats how i accessed somethings before building.

Karen