Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Rid of Google Cached Info

Hello Support:

I didn't know where else to ask this question. I just did a Google search on my name and my Website name.

I was shocked to see the content in the cached information there. Even one of my emails to Voda Host showed up as a listing on Google's first page!

Is there any way to hide or prevent information from being cached?

I would really like to know.

Thanks,
    WebMagic

Re: Getting Rid of Google Cached Info

No email you ever sent to us is on the first page of Google, at least not from us. Anything you write on any public forum, blog, etc... on the internet will be indexed by all the major search engines. If you do not want it to be seen by the world, do not put it on the internet.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

And I think you are confusing the search results with the cached pages - totally different things. But, as Voda said, public messages will be found - and can help you obtain ranking - as well as could be why your site is even being spidered often.

And no private email would ever show up.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks to you both - Voda and Bethers!

I wasn't aware that forum postings were listed in Google. You were right. That is what showed up - a forum posting, not an email.

I don't understand Google's cached pages. Is there any way to control what shows up there?

My apologies for taking so long to say "thanks". My website has become a MUCH bigger project than planned. I've been super busy with it!

WebMagic
        http://www.powerlife-solutions.com

Comment

Your only control is to have a website with good content - so when they pull up info from it, hopefully, they'll pull that. However, anyone can mention your website anywhere - and that will be found.

Just remember - it's GOOD to have links to your website.
          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
            Your only control is to have a website with good content - so when they pull up info from it, hopefully, they'll pull that. However, anyone can mention your website anywhere - and that will be found.

Just remember - it's GOOD to have links to your website.
            Thanks again, Bethers!

You bet I want links. Lots of them! (relevant ones tho!)

That's in process with article submissions right now. Will do Press Releases very soon. SEO submissions require more research on my part.

Cheers!
            WebMagic
            http://www.powerlife-solutions.com

Comment

When your ready, VodaHost offers one free search engine submission to all customers, please submit a support ticket to request this service.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

All the major se's have already picked up your site - so submitting isn't really necessary. Although taking advantage of the VH submission process could get you into some of the smaller ones or some directories that might not have found you yet.
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
                  When your ready, VodaHost offers one free search engine submission to all customers, please submit a support ticket to request this service.
                  Thanks Voda!

I'll follow up with that soon.

WebMagic

Comment

All the major se's have already picked up your site - so submitting isn't really necessary. Although taking advantage of the VH submission process could get you into some of the smaller ones or some directories that might not have found you yet.
                    Hi Bethers!

How do you know my site is already picked up the major SE's? How can you tell?

By the way, can you direct me to info regarding the use of add-on vs sub-domains? I'm thinking of setting up minisites without the full "powerlife-solutions" handle attached. Would add-ons be best for that? (I can't find the Manual where I first saw explanations about these options.)

Feel so dumb!

WebMagic
                    Last edited by WebMagic; 10-23-2006, 03:52 AM. Reason: added a question

Comment

You can find out the pages that the se's have indexed by putting this in the search box: site:www.powerlife-solutions.com
                      As you can see by the below, Google has already indexed 33 of your pages:
                      http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...om&btnG=Search

An add-on domain has it's own domain name which you must purchase. A sub-domain is simply part of the same domain name.

It really depends on what you want to do with the mini-sites. I really think you'd probably be better off working with making ONE site the best it can be and add pages to it to help it get better - unless the mini sites have reasons to be separate. And if they do, then they probably would be better off as add-on domains.
                      Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

You can find out the pages that the se's have indexed by putting this in the search box: site:www.powerlife-solutions.com
                        As you can see by the below, Google has already indexed 33 of your pages:
                        http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...om&btnG=Search

An add-on domain has it's own domain name which you must purchase. A sub-domain is simply part of the same domain name.

It really depends on what you want to do with the mini-sites. I really think you'd probably be better off working with making ONE site the best it can be and add pages to it to help it get better - unless the mini sites have reasons to be separate. And if they do, then they probably would be better off as add-on domains.
                        That was Fast!

Thank you, Bethers! I didn't realize add-ons had a price tag. I'll just keep prepping my unfinished pages, like Links and Media Room.

Still need to figure out the best way to handle archiving of articles and newsletters. Separate page for each archived item?

Sorry, didn't mean to keep pestering!

Your help is much appreciated!
                        WebMagic

Comment

Working...
                        X