Help with my video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my video

I have made an mpeg video using memoriesontv. The original mpeg was for dvd format and was 134 mb. After doing much research, I realized I can only upload I believe it's no larger than 10 mb?

I played with my program and reformated my video to a "vcd" format that shrank it down to a 37.4 mb meg.

Still seems too large. In that program, if I try to customize and shrink it anymore, I loose the quaility.

I have searched for a free video compression but am so lost. I did download the sorensen squeeze, and it sure works wonders, but the free download has "evaluation copy" all over it. It's just way to expensive for me.

Can anyone help me come up with a solution or what I should try? I really do think it's a good idea to compress it down more, because it just doesnt want to upload well and I want to stay within the limits and also allow my viewers easy access to it and not be waiting forever on their browser.

I don't know much about quicktime or other programs, but if I have to convert my mpeg to another format, I would. I just want to get it on my site.

I guess what I am aksing is does anyone know of a free video compression program, another program to convert it to a different format (I don't know if Quicktime file would be smaller or not) or any other suggestions?

Thanks,

dee
    Digital Visual Memories
    Lasting Presentations
    MomsWeek

Re: Help with my video

I know i went searching a few weeks ago for this, I had to do some editing to a .mov format .... I do not believe there is anything free... i did find one program that would do 70% of it and it did not have all the writing over it, that suited me as I wanted the ending cut off anyway ...
    that program was avs ....

But if you want to you could open a free account at Youtube and post your movie there and link it from your site ....

50 mg is there limit ... so you would have your entire video there
    just google for utube and you will find it ....

also google itself has video now too ...

either of those will work and just link from your webpage

Hope this helps!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh I am just noticing you vcd format ... not sure if that format is accepted ... might need to check that ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I did try to upload it to a place called Media Max, but that did not work out. I will go look at You Tube and the google suggestion.
      Digital Visual Memories
      Lasting Presentations
      MomsWeek

Comment

Let me know sparrow, i would like to see you get your video on line.

I could offer you to send it to me and i could convert it to another format and send it back, if that would help at all ....

are we limited to 10 mb files here with voda, is that what you meant there as well ... I didn't know that .... ??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Sparrow:
          I don't know the video size limits on Voda but it's much higher than what someone told you. I consistantly upload compressed video files in the 20-30 meg range with no problem. (VCD would be unworkable)
          If you can locate a consumer or pro video authoring program or a friend who has one, say Pinnacle Studio or whatever, fair compression programs are included. This allows the final authoring file to be saved in a variety of formats, from avi. to mpeg. to wmv. These video authoring programs are much cheaper than Sorenson Squeeze, though I would recommend Squeeze if you are going to be doing a lot of video. That's the Cadillac.
          You could go to e-bay and search for an older version of say Pinnacle, which would be 'Studio 8'. The value would be around $40 or less.
          Perferrably, if you are going to send the program to someone for compression, if possible, provide it in it's original state. (avi or dv). Anything else is already compressed to some extent. If you send it already compressed, the next compression could lose some resolution. If mpeg is all you have, then that's what you send. Burn it as a data file to a CD or DVD for shipment. If you run out of options or find the above conventions unworkable, I will Squeeze it for you and return it via e-mail.

Comment

Do you have an example of a video on one of your sites? I have noticed that most videos even on You Tube skip, bounce around, or stall.
            Do you have that kind of problem? When I tried, it did take awhile to upload and then when I accessed it from my site, it did the stall and stop thing, so I took it back off.
            Digital Visual Memories
            Lasting Presentations
            MomsWeek

Comment

What is your connection speed? Sometimes video stalls because it is playing as it loads to your computer and hesitates because the connection speed is not fast enough, or your computer cannot handle it. Check these videos out. If you have dial-up, video is a waste of your time. www.e-webvid.com.

Comment

Dayjack

Your's are definitely, definitely, definitely, way way kewl .....

your site is awesome, I think I've told you that already .....

I wanna be like you .... lol :) but I do!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Lady Eye:

You know just what to say to make my day!

Comment

Ladyeye- you changed before my eyes. Nice avatar.

Andy
                    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks for your help. In order to get my website up and running, I just posted my video at You tube with a link to it from my site. That will work for now. Hopefully once I get most of the kinks out, I can go pro on the video formats.

dee
                      Digital Visual Memories
                      Lasting Presentations
                      MomsWeek

Comment

Working...
                      X