file manager not working oscom.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• file manager not working oscom.

this is a new thread not a repeat my file manager on oscommerce isn't working.is there another way to use something other than the file manager? i followed vodahost instructions as per video step by step but when i go to click on file manager nothing happens at all. can anyone give me advise?
    thanks
    jim

and thanks navaldesigner for installing it for me. :)
    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Re: file manager not working oscom.

Can you be more specific? Is this a problem in OsC, or within your Cpanel?
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

oscommerce not cpanel in the admin oscommerce when you click on language then edit whatever you want then click file manager that wont work or open same on tools click on file wont open.
      "Jim"

Comment

Jim

The other day, you had soho installed, now you have oscommerce. I hope you have removed one before installing the other, and didnt install them both into the same directory, or that will likely cause conflicts as they both use similar filenames. I dont know how to help you otherwise, unless you want me to try to sign in and look at it.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

lol i never had soho installed was asking about soho if it can be in a directory on my server like this www.naghosthunters.com/dgs/ dgs being the soho and short for Deliteful Gift Shop but no one replied to answer so navaldesign installed oscommerce for me but i was wanting to try soholaunch to see if i can manage it or not. but i only have oscommerce.
          "Jim"

Comment

Yes, you can install also SOHO. There is a procedure involving the creation first of a subdomain, then the installation of Soho in that subdomain. Attention, subdomain. Not a simple subfolder. And you can have both OSCommerce and Soho, as long as they are installed in different folders.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

dang more to this stuff than meets the eyes lol just heard alot of people praising soho but someone told me it has to have its own domain and server so thats why i gave up the idea i'm not rich by far and barely make ends meet. cannot afford 2 servers. :(
              "Jim"

Comment

If you use any of these carts and are using a payment option that requires you to have your own SSL, you'll have to purchase the SSL and you'll have to have a dedicated ISP - none of them required you to have 2 servers or separate domains. Soho can only be on ONE domain per VH account.

Soho is easier to use (in my opinion) than OSCommerce.

However, if you are simply looking to add buy buttons to existing products - why not go with paypal buttons or the free version of Mal's Ecommerce? That is the easiest way to add shopping to a BV site - especially if you're using paypal.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Soho is much easier to use than OSCommerce on the builder end and much easier to understand. You dont have to figure out how to set attributes, you simply make choices based on the cpanel lay out, and drag and drop, point and click in most cases. As Naval said, you can install them both into seperate SUBDOMAINs, and then LINK to the store.

Actually Beth's Solution or Navals Solution with the paypal or cart buttons is much easier if you are building with blue voda. Then there is no subdomain issues. You can build whatever you want. If its the catalogue look thats easy to do with a table, which is all they do anyway really. Especially if you dont have a ton of products your are selling. Soho and OSCOMMERCE are both FULL programs for building a store on their own.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                  X