Internal (Page-to-Page) Link Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal (Page-to-Page) Link Problem

I have two pages, the first linking to the second. Simple enough. But when I "preview in browser", it doesn't work.

The name of my site is www.mortgagekiller.com and the 2nd page's "name" is 'HowToThrive.bvp', so I (initially) set up the link from my first page to go to www.mortgagekiller.com/HowToThrive.html. I previewed it but it didn't work.

I then changed it to www.mortgagekiller.com/HowToThrive.bvp, but that didn't work either.

I realize the pages aren't published yet, but i thought "preview in browser" somehow simulated what the web site would look like when it was published.

If that's right, what am I doing wrong?

If that's not right (if "preview" doesn't simulate that way and requires the site to be published), how do I test it - preview it - prior to publishing?

Re: Internal (Page-to-Page) Link Problem

Links can't work in preview if the page they are linking to isn't published as the page doesn't exist in the www world until published.

You just have to make sure the links are right.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth -

Thanks. But would you mind answering my other, related questions as well?

1) Is the correct naming convention www.mortgagekiller.net/HowTo.bvp or www.mortgagekiller.net/HowTo.html?

2) Is there any way of testing my web site for links and the like, prior to publishing?

Thanks again!

Comment

1) www.mortgagekiller.net/HowTo.html is the correct one

2) There is no way of testing your links before publishing.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X