Why does Google hate me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Google hate me?

After some great advise from Bethers last week I changed a few things on my site, now I know these changes will take a little time to come through, but even before the changes the other search engines seem to place me pretty high up for anxiety, put anxiety into google, even google u,k and nothing 43 pages in and there is nothing, totally irrelevant sites come up before mine, well actually mine did not come up at all, I would swap the love of all the others to do well in google, any idea why?

Regards Paul
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Re: Why does Google hate me?

Google has something called the "sandbox" - which means they will spider new sites - but don't give them much credence until they've been around awhile. The general rule of thumb is that the sandbox is in effect for about 6 - 9 months - some believe even longer.

There is some credence to this - as so many new sites come up - and many don't last. But it is frustrating. Google also relies more heavily on links back to your site - so the more your site is picked up as an authority and people put links to it - Google will rate you better.

Meantime - just do your job and eventually it will come. Unfortunately it might not be overnight.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks again Bethers, I will keep the faith, good idea I suppose from google as many sites do go by the wayside.

I will keep visiting this helpful board and keep improving, I do find links hard to come by, one of the reasons is because I sell something, most sites in this niche only link to non profit sites, no matter how good the product.

I have also been given some tips on asking for links and maybe having my link button more prominent, always learning : )

Regards Paul
      www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Have you thought about trading links with sites who have services that might go hand-in-hand - like if I was anxious - I might like bubble baths or candles or aromatherapy - or a good mattress and bedding - those are all types of sites you can see about exchanging links with.

Your link button should be on your home page - but doesn't have to be really prominent - however if you want to work on exchanging links - I suggest you also have a link to me page telling people what to use. You can see what I mean by looking at my links page here: www.achildspalace.com/resources.html -

You should also link to some prominent sites in your field that you simply think are good for your potential customers to read - and not even care if they link back. Most of those type sites don't link - but it's good for your customers - and the se's like that you give that info. For my pinata store, I have a section of links for "Children's Museums and Educational Sites" - these are because I find them of interest. It's like my having my calendar of holidays - because I think it can help my customers.

If the link can help the customer you believe would be on your site - then it's a good thing - even if they don't link back.

And this was the original idea behind linking and why se's gave credence to links. Links don't get as much importance today because of all the games we play to up our points - but they are still valuable.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Well you taught me something there Bethers, I thought if I linked without getting one back it hurt me, I thought the least you needed was a recipricol link. With the therapy oils etc...this could be an idea but it may put potentiel link partners off, I don't want them thinking I am linking to everyone under the sun.

I love your links page, mine is very untidy to be honest, if if is o.k I may use a similar theme to yours, I could ask my partner as she is better with the design side of things.

Thanks again, hey your old pic has gone : )

I did now even know it was you at first.

Regards Paul
          www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Working...
          X