FTPBlue / Not Working...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTPBlue / Not Working...

Ok, I've been using FTPBlue, or BlueFTP, or whatever it's called, trying to move a file from my common area to the ftp public html area per the video instruction.

1. File gets moved into the root directory under public html.

2. When I check the site I get the root directory listing including that file, but not the website contained in the file that was moved into public html. If I click on that file I get what I would anticipate if I were going to the website.

3. The file being uploaded contains an index page.

4. Is there an area I should be moving the file into other than public html?

I guess another question that comes to mind is: whether the file I am transfering should be going into a specially named file in the root directory with an ftp.domain name?

It's the little things that make a difference, and I am obviously missing something here.

Thanks in advance,

Poppi

Re: FTPBlue / Not Working...

Originally posted by glenmike
    Ok, I've been using FTPBlue, or BlueFTP, or whatever it's called, trying to move a file from my common area to the ftp public html area per the video instruction.

1. File gets moved into the root directory under public html.

2. When I check the site I get the root directory listing including that file, but not the website contained in the file that was moved into public html. If I click on that file I get what I would anticipate if I were going to the website.

3. The file being uploaded contains an index page.

4. Is there an area I should be moving the file into other than public html?

I guess another question that comes to mind is: whether the file I am transfering should be going into a specially named file in the root directory with an ftp.domain name?

It's the little things that make a difference, and I am obviously missing something here.

Thanks in advance,

Poppi
    If the file is being moved, then BlueFTP works ok.
    If you get a listing of your site content instead of the page itself, it probably means that the file that you uploaded is NOT in html format or, is not named "index". The file itself should be called "index.html". I don't understand what you mean"3. The file being uploaded contains an index page."

If you are using BlueVoda to create your site pages, the pages should be PUBLISHED using the built in Publish button, NOT uploaded. Please clarify these points so we can help you.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X