Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever Heard of the Emerald Coast of Florida? Check out our website!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever Heard of the Emerald Coast of Florida? Check out our website!

Hello everyone,
    We have been working on our first website since February of this year. We built it using Blue Voda and have been very pleased with the service and the price. Since we've been working on it for many months now ... we would love some feedback if you have the time.
    Thanks so much,
    2bohemians

www.buythegulf.com

Re: Ever Heard of the Emerald Coast of Florida? Check out our website!

Very nice.
    The videos are great and load quickly.
    -Consider linking to a map, not everyone is familiar with that part of Florida.
    -A little bit of horizontal scroll- might want to get rid of it.

Good luck
    Bill
    www.blueearthtea.com
    www.ftaaconsulting.com
    www.iaval.com
    www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Hi Bill,
      Thanks so much for the advice. We super appreciate it - nice to know the videos are working properly - it was a recent addition. We are going to check out your site after this response.
      Thanks again,
      ~peace~
      2bohemians

Comment

Hello again Bill,
        Just checked out your site .... was really enjoying the simplicity of it - very easy to find what you are looking for. However, for some reason the gift shop pages weren't loading for us .... perhaps it is our computer .... we will check back in on it later.
        ~peace~
        2bohemians

Comment

I don't believe you have your page size set - so the pages aren't all sitting in the same spot on my monitor. If the width is 800 - make sure you have them set to 800 - then click to center.

At the bottom of the home page you have pictures and text to the other pages. You have made the pictures linkable - but the text needs to be also. That's how I was trying to navigate.

Very nice looking. I went to look at properties - only 2 to see so far - but they sure look nice.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by 2bohemians
            Hello again Bill,
            Just checked out your site .... was really enjoying the simplicity of it - very easy to find what you are looking for. However, for some reason the gift shop pages weren't loading for us .... perhaps it is our computer .... we will check back in on it later.
            ~peace~
            2bohemians
            You're welcome,
            Thanks for visiting my site, just checked the gift pages, maybe you can try again.
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Very Nice. You have put a lot of work into your website. Just a few things I noticed. The video on Seascape is actually Miramar's video. Your links for dining, activities and nature don't link to any other pages that I can tell. Just back to the video page. When I clicked on your available link and then clicked the nav bar on that page, it seems like I got taken to another site and couldn't get back to your site except by hitting back several several times. Seemed a just a little confusing as to where I was going. Then when I got back, I clicked on available and got the photo gallery. You may just want to double check your links.

One tip I picked up not to long ago. If you put your mouse over your nav bar button, you will see something like http://www.buythegulf.com/about_me.html. If you go into your nav bar properties and where it says Alternate text, type in a description like, "About Us", that will come up instead of your entire url and page description. Just a suggestion.

Looks great and I am very impressed with your videos. I love those!
              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
                I don't believe you have your page size set - so the pages aren't all sitting in the same spot on my monitor. If the width is 800 - make sure you have them set to 800 - then click to center.

At the bottom of the home page you have pictures and text to the other pages. You have made the pictures linkable - but the text needs to be also. That's how I was trying to navigate.

Very nice looking. I went to look at properties - only 2 to see so far - but they sure look nice.
                Thanks so much for all your helpful information. I really have no idea what I am doing but am slowly starting to learn of all the things I can do to improve my site. I am making a list of all the recommendations and hopefully soon can take the time to sit down and correct each page to make it better.

There should be more than 2 properties .... hmmmm
                If you click Featured Properties from the Home page ....
                Then click the tab for either Homes, Land, Condos, etc ....
                It should show you more properties .....
                Also, if you click Available properties from the Home page ....
                That should take you to a page where you can Search even more properties ....
                Evidently I need to do some work to this area as well to make it easier to navigate .....

Again,
                Many Thanks,
                2bohemians
                www.buythegulf.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dream Lady
                  Very Nice. You have put a lot of work into your website. Just a few things I noticed. The video on Seascape is actually Miramar's video. Your links for dining, activities and nature don't link to any other pages that I can tell. Just back to the video page. When I clicked on your available link and then clicked the nav bar on that page, it seems like I got taken to another site and couldn't get back to your site except by hitting back several several times. Seemed a just a little confusing as to where I was going. Then when I got back, I clicked on available and got the photo gallery. You may just want to double check your links.

One tip I picked up not to long ago. If you put your mouse over your nav bar button, you will see something like http://www.buythegulf.com/about_me.html. If you go into your nav bar properties and where it says Alternate text, type in a description like, "About Us", that will come up instead of your entire url and page description. Just a suggestion.

Looks great and I am very impressed with your videos. I love those!
                  DreamLady,
                  Your site looks great. We really enjoyed looking through the photo gallery - loved the photo of the mushrooms. You have obviously put alot of work into your website as well and it shows.

Thank you for your lovely compliments in regard to our website. We have nice content to work with - it's beautiful here especially this time of the year - well, I don't want to say that too loud - we are trying to still keep it a bit of a secret : )

Thank you as well for your suggestions for making the site function better. We have taken all these recommendations and hopefully can do some editing soon.

Have a spectacular day!
                  2bohemians
                  www.buythegulf.com

Comment

Working...
                  X