Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noahs Classifieds, Auto install

Hi all,

Just tried to auto install Noahs Classifieds and received no errors during installation. However when i try to access this via my site i get an error page stating cannot find "globalsettings" in database table. Checked database and sure enough the specified table isnt there.

Any Ideas, Thanks

Re: Noahs Classifieds, Auto install

sorry duplicate post
    Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
    FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Originally posted by John Hughes
      Hi all,

Just tried to auto install Noahs Classifieds and received no errors during installation. However when i try to access this via my site i get an error page stating cannot find "globalsettings" in database table. Checked database and sure enough the specified table isnt there.

Any Ideas, Thanks
      I'm not sure why so many people are having problems with this as it installed no problem for me and is in full working order as you can see here.

Did you install it on the root directoy or a sub directory??? If installed on root then try installing on a sub domain as this is where i have installed mine with no problems.
      FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

Hi Mook25,

Thanks for the info, tried installing under a subdirectory but again auto install dosnt install the global settings table to the database.
        Any other ideas. Thought about downloading it from website and trying a manual install but last time I attempted something like that I really mucked up and had to inlist the help of navaldesign.

Comment

Hi, I had the similar problems. After 7 times of installing & uninstalling under sub/directories & even sub domains I gave up. It may be a shot in the dark, but I wonder if some servers are set up slightly different to others. I’m on 70.86.241.194
          There is a forum for this software http://www.noahsclassifieds.tk/
          But couldn’t solve the problem I was having.

Good luck.

Chris.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Can't remember whether this file exists or not as i'm not at home at the mo but with some scripts you get a dumpfile which you can upload via 'MySQL admin' in mySQL section from your cpanel. Basically this file holds all the data required to create the database and would create all the tables etc that you need. After that is uploaded all you would do is edit a config file to point to the database. I'll have a look sometime when I've got a free moment to see if this the case with this script. On a side not though I could have a look at it for you to see if i can do anything for you but would need ftp access to be able to do this?? Let me know.

Comment

Working...
            X