Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Really Useful Free Tool

Hello All,

I have just made use of this free tool called StatCounter.

It provides amazing information about your website viewers! The details provided are awesome.

Here's the link: http://my7.statcounter.com/features/

It's easy to set up and use...especially on Blue Voda.

Enjoy,
    WebMagic

Re: A Really Useful Free Tool

WebMagic - we've been talking about this for sometime in here.

Most of the stats are already provided in your cpanel, but yes, there are some others and they are in a different configuration - many of us have it on our pages.

I would have sworn I had it listed on the list of SEO and Marketing Tools post - but it's not there - bad, bad me :) - but you might want to check out some of these as well:

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...ing-tools.html
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

It is not as free as you might think, they give a very limited version for free and then they upsell you.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
        WebMagic - we've been talking about this for sometime in here.

Most of the stats are already provided in your cpanel, but yes, there are some others and they are in a different configuration - many of us have it on our pages.

I would have sworn I had it listed on the list of SEO and Marketing Tools post - but it's not there - bad, bad me :) - but you might want to check out some of these as well:

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...ing-tools.html
        Hey Bethers!

That's a very useful list! Good on ya!

Cheers,
        WebMagic

Comment

Originally posted by WebMagic
          It's easy to set up and use...especially on Blue Voda.

Enjoy,
          WebMagic
          ...and nearly impossible to remove....

(http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...hlight=counter)

General VodaHost is not to be ignored....most of these "free" utilities are not free, and eventually create more problems thant they are worth. Additionally, it stands to reason that VodaHost (and the complete Blue Voda package) provides every worthy tool and utility you would ever need, all within the safety of VodaLand!
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
            ...and nearly impossible to remove....

(http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...hlight=counter)

General VodaHost is not to be ignored....most of these "free" utilities are not free, and eventually create more problems thant they are worth. Additionally, it stands to reason that VodaHost (and the complete Blue Voda package) provides every worthy tool and utility you would ever need, all within the safety of VodaLand!
            Hi Vasili,

I started this thread about what I thought was a useful tool. And, actually, I like the information it provides.

HOWEVER, I read the series of posts you linked to above. Scared the bee-jeepers out of me, so I uninstalled the script from all my pages.

Can you direct me to the items I need to find and use in the cPanel to set up Voda-safe stats collectors? From my last visit there it seemed there was more than one thing to incorporate.

Help is appreciated.

WebMagic

Comment

I tend to use the "SubDomain Stats" panel mostly myself, as I have a lot of different sites to monitor and the numbers I use are possibly a little different than what others might need to know....

You have 2 features in cP for you to use for Web/FTP Stats and SubDomain Stats, and each gives you specific detailed info that is actionable - automatically. You need not install anything!

This is why I can't understand when people put counters (how tacky!) and other things on their websites in hopes to collect more information without even first seeing what is available in their accounts. Getting the info is one thing, and being able to use it effectively is another....
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Stat Counter is NOT impossible to remove - it DOES have some good stats and they NEVER have solicited me to purchase more or upgrade to their paid version.

If it is installed correctly onto the website, it's just as easy to remove. The thread that was linked to had not installed it correctly to begin with.

Stat counter does NOT put a counter on the page, either - unless you tell it you want one. I would never put a counter on my site. But I will continue to use statcounter for some info that I can get there in another form from BV.

Sorry to be so inflexible on this - but I do believe this is a useful tool if used properly.
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

I did remove it without any trouble whatsoever.

It was simple Select and Delete.

Now I need to investigate the cPanel things to use in its place. Stats are really useful for me - if they're detailed.

WebMagic,
                  http://www.powerlife-solutions.com

Comment

Ive been using statscounter for years without any issues. I love it myself. what if anything would I see if there was a problem? As like I said they have been great!

Comment

Kassi,
                      I think you'll only see problems if you try to put the code in the wrong place - and mess up your page html. But that's true with any html code. I forgot a closing > tag on something the other day and the page it was on had words and pictures all over the place - except where they belonged.

It is a great tool.
                      Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

thanks Beth..I was worried as Id not noticed anything about it and like to have it. Ive tried others as have been mentioned, but I guess its like cars, its all in the familiarity and comfort...lol
                        I do a trick when adding any html...I have a text folder set aside and use it to copy and paste the original to hold onto for me, while I play programer..lol
                        works as Ive gotten a few ditties in there that totally messed up the whole page!..what a mess...but all I have to do is to take out the entire page html and replace it with the original Id saved and poof...all like new!
                        Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                        X