Copy from excel to BV builder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy from excel to BV builder?

Is it possible to copy from excel to BV builder and keeping the link intact.
    Actually, I have a list lets say 2 coloumns in excel, containing list of 100 institutes

coloumn 1:name of institutes with the link and column 2:its location

So can i copy it directly from excel to BV keeping the linking intact or i have to create table copy them as text and then link them again? Please suggest some way that i can copy directly as i have more than 100 instututes in different categories and i have to redo linking...

ps attachment:the name of institute is with link i.e. if u click on the name, the respective website will open.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Copy from excel to BV builder?

Hi, Not sure if I have it right. But you can save your xl file as a web page & upload it using FTP. Then place a link to it from other pages. Might be worth putting the XL file in an I frame on a page to let you add other bits to the page, like menus.

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Is this a workaround:

I save the excel sheet as .html, opened it in a notepad and then copy paste it by adding HTML box in BV builder, but it displaces the table.

Taking lead from what you said, i added i frame and then added the excel as .html file to it and when i click on any link it open in that frame( and i like this ..) but how can some one coe back to that list of institutes again,

e.g. in iframe i clicked on institute A, it opens the site for inst A in that window, now how can i go back to that table os that i can go n see other institutes also..

Thanks, appreciate any help.

Comment

Originally posted by nimbupani
        Is this a workaround:

I save the excel sheet as .html, opened it in a notepad and then copy paste it by adding HTML box in BV builder, but it displaces the table.

Taking lead from what you said, i added i frame and then added the excel as .html file to it and when i click on any link it open in that frame( and i like this ..) but how can some one coe back to that list of institutes again,

e.g. in iframe i clicked on institute A, it opens the site for inst A in that window, now how can i go back to that table os that i can go n see other institutes also..

Thanks, appreciate any help.
        Hi, not sure if you named your iframe IE: f1. But place a link on the main page outside the iframe with something like back to index. Then hyperlink this text to the iframe back to your XL file that’s in the frame. IE:
        1. type in your text on the main page (back to index or list)
        2. Highlight word & click on hyperlink
        3. Incert the url of the XL file
        4. Select target! Type in the name of your iframe IE: f1
        5. Press ok.

Chris.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
        X