First Site Welcome Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Site Welcome Reviews

Much to my surprise, I have published my site. Many thanks to this forum for all of your help. Please take a look and see what you think. Advise is welcome. I don't that I have two problems that I don't know how to fix. One is that there is a Buy Now button on the "product" page at the top that I cannot get rid of. Second, on the "contact us" page I don't want the hyperlink for the e-mail to go to Outlook but I don't know how to do that. Thank you again for all of your help. Marleen

www.edgerydoo.com
    Marleen
    www.edgerydoo.com

Re: First Site Welcome Reviews

You don't have any choice what email account the hyperlink on an email goes to - as it will go to the default email browser on the USER's computer. If you're getting outlook on yours, that means you have outlook set up as your default email browser. I have mine set to go to the email program I use the most. Many companies only allow it to go to their email program - so users at work often can't use those links - which means it's good to also list the email address as you do so they can cut and paste.

You need to spend some time now and work on the optimizing of your site so people and se's can find it. Let me suggest you read the following topic I posted today in the SEO room:

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/sea...s-article.html

If you have questions on how or what to do - feel free to ask - will be glad to help.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank you Beth. The article was very helpful and I redid my index page immediately. I just didn't get it but now I do. My next question is do you do the same thing for each page or does it only apply to the index page?
      Marleen
      Marleen
      www.edgerydoo.com

Comment

Every page gets optimized separately. Treat each page like it could be the first one a visitor sees - and optimize it for what's on THAT page.

Glad you understood it - it's a basic article and I thought easy to follow.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

as you continue to work on your pages you might want to make sure they are centered - in page properties be sure to check center in browser - an each time you work on your pages check the page width before republishing looking very good and Bethers word is golden ann
          Ann
          www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
          www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
          www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Thank you Ann. I see what you mean about not centered, however, I went from page to page and they have the exact same width and each page in properties has the Center in Brower checked. Any suggestions? Marleen

www.edgerydoo.com
            Marleen
            www.edgerydoo.com

Comment

Is there a control somewhere that turns on or off the ALT tags? I put them in under properties but they are not coming up after publishing. Thank you again, Marleen

www.edgerydoo.com
              Marleen
              www.edgerydoo.com

Comment

Working...
              X