Templates from HTML, Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Templates from HTML, Is it possible?

OK, I need to figure out if there is a way to install HTML templates into blue voda to modify them? I am really hopeless, and I am so comfortable with blue voda so I would like to keep using it. I have templates to use, with the adsense code already in them, but when I try to open them in bv by using the open page from existing HTML document, it opens but is very distorted. Is there any way I can do this?
    A place for moms:

When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out. ~Erma Bombeck

Re: Templates from HTML, Is it possible?

Please!
    A little more clarity: What KIND of HTML template? (a BV template? a forgeign template?)

If you wish to modify a "foreign" template, it is possible using CSS editing, but you will need to become familiar with manipulating straight code (there is a new thread on CSS here in the Forum).

When you provide more details, it might be possible to better advise you....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Yes, it is a "foreign" template. I just don't really have the energy to learn anything else right now (ie. CSS), so I think I will just hold off on the templates for awhile, and maybe play around with some HTML editors to see if I can figure out what I am doing! Thanks!
      A place for moms:

When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out. ~Erma Bombeck

Comment

Most ready made html templates can be edited with a HTML editor, or directly in Notepad.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Any suggestions of what would be best for someone who doesn't know a whole lot about HTML? Preferably something that is WYSIWYG. Thanks.
          A place for moms:

Comment

BlueVoda has a import HTML feature.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I'm not sure if I am doing it right though. When I try, all of the elements don't come through. And, it seems distorted. Am I doing it right? I open a new page in BV by using the "import from existing HTML page" Is that all I am supposed to do, or is there something else? I know it probably has something to do with css, but just not sure. I would be THRILLED if I could use blue voda!
              A place for moms:

Comment

You can use Bv but there are some things that you should take into account. First, BV might not respect the layers, so some objects get in the back, and this way they are hidden by other objects atht are brought to the front.
                Then, if there is some kind of Javascript in the page code, BV will not always be able to capture the code correctly.

However, html templates are intended for editing with a html editor or Notepad.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Okay so sort of on this topic. Can I convert BV templates for use with SohoLaunch and does anyone know how? I really need step by step instructions if it is possible.

Thanks,

Shasta McLaughlin
                  The Extravaganza Craft Productions
                  Shasta McLaughlin
                  The Extravaganza Craft Productions
                  www.extravaganzacrafts.com
                  http://extravaganzacrafts.com/Blogs

Comment

No, Soho Templates are a totally different issue. Please post in the Soholaunch section of the forum, Karen is very knowledgable about this topic and will be able to help you.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                    X