Need help with publishing add-on domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with publishing add-on domain

Hi. I posted this message last week and i did not get one response. I submitted a ticket to support and they do not understand my problem. I'm really frustrated and would appreciate some help.
    Here's the original post (please note the Tuesday referred to is a week ago):

I am not sure if i am having a problem publishing an add-on domain or if i just haven't waited long enough after changing the DNS server information.

my main web site is www.njcaptions.com. i added www.slwelding.com but i put the wrong DNS server info. Before i realized the mistake, i thought i added a subdomain instead of an add-on domain b/c i didn't know adding an add-on would automatically show it under subdomain too. so i tried to delete it in both places. i was successful in deleting it under add-on domain but not subdomain. i created a ticket for support and learned about the above. so i started over and added it back on (even though it still appeared as a subdomain), discovered how to publish, by adding /slwelding to the end of public_html. It said it was successful, but when i went to the web site, i get an error, namely: http://sea.search.msn.com/dnserror.a....slwelding.com

I figured i had to wait 24-72 hours for the DNS info to take effect. so i added a third site, www.southbrunswickclassof82.com and published it on the first try.

Now, this all happened on Saturday. Today is Tuesday and i still can't get www.slwelding.com up. I wonder if i did something wrong.

Can someone help? Thanks!

Jen

The bottom line is i have a main account, www.njcaptions.com, and 2 add-on accounts. One is working, www.southbrunswickclassof82.com, and one is not, www.slwelding.com. I need help getting slwelding published. Blue Voda said i was successful in publishing, but the site is not there. THANKS!

Re: Need help with publishing add-on domain

Well- looking at it, your pages are publishing. The problem is that the server is not recognizing slwelding.com as an add-on. It is however recognizing it as a subdomain. Check it out;
    http://www.slwelding.njcaptions.com

Check the Add-on domain maintenance and see if perhaps it is re-directing. This you check in cpanel.

Have you made sure to set the DNS servers to the correct server?

I don't know how you explained your problem to Support, but you might want to explain it as above and that might help them in the diagnosis a little.

Hope that helps a little,

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy,

Thanks for responding. i was starting to take it personally:(

Ok, i checked and you were right. it said redirecting after it. so i removed the redirect. i published just the index page to see if that fixed it but it didn't. well, perhaps i should wait a bit before saying that. i dont know how long it takes to appear after publishing.

to answer your question, yes, i have the correct DNS servers, but originally i didn't. i changed that after reading a bunch of forum posts and realized my mistake.

I just checked subdomain under control panel and removed the redirection there too.

Nope, the page is still not coming up.

Argh. I think the problem is i added the domain. when things weren't working, i was reading forum posts and learned the difference between subdomain and add-on domain. i checked my subdomain under control panel and saw it there so i thought, oh, no i added is as a sub not an add-on. so i tried to delete it and start over. but it wouldnt' let me delete it saying it existed as a subdomain. so i tried to delete it there first and got the same message. eventually i was able to delete it from one place but not the other. i tried to re-add it. i'm afraid i've screwed it up royally. I would like to delete it and start over, but now i'm afraid to do anything.

any suggestions on how to do that?

Jen

Comment

OH MY GOD! it finally worked. i deleted the add-on domain and then added it back on. Very strange. thanks for your help!

Jen

Comment

Working...
        X