make members private

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make members private

I don't want non-members being able to click on memberlist at the top and seeing members information. How do I make this only accessable to registered members?

Re: make members private

Remove it from your configuration panel completely. That would mean no-one would see it though, which after all may not be bad either. (You might need to "move" the file to your HD for safekeeping).

The only other alternative is to password-protect the whole board from the get-go, but this tends to not be feasible for public oriented boards.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Try installing this http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=358975

You make it that memberlist is viewed only by users, mods, or admin. as long as your using phpbb that is.

Comment

Thank You, Maestro!

(It must be obvious that I still get help with Forums, eh?)
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Ah My Friend your doing just great. you should pop in to the forum and see all the updates i've put in ( i've got to put some more shops in but the bar is open all be it with only three drinks so far just can't find the time )

Comment

ok I tried to install that but I could not install it.. so how do I make the whole forum password protected and only readable to registered members?

Comment

Originally posted by lonestarcrafters
              ok I tried to install that but I could not install it.. so how do I make the whole forum password protected and only readable to registered members?
              Have you installed easymod http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=217673 this program makes it a lot easier to install mod ( be warned this program is very good but not all mods or hacks are written so that easymod can understand them.)
              if you password protect your forum no one will join as they will not be able to see what your forum is about or if anything interests them.

After you edited the files.
              ## memberlist.php
              ## includes/constants.php
              ## includes/page_header.php
              ## language/lang_english/lang_admin.php
              ## admin/admin_board.php
              ## templates/subSilver/admin/board_config_body.tpl ( also ant other template )
              ## templates/subSilver/overall_header.tpl ( also any other template )

did you remember to run the sql update

Comment

This mod seems useless for my needs. I need a mod that can hide all email addresses in the member list and in all posts members make. Because spammers log in and take every email available for their massive spammathon. Errrrrrrrrrrrr spam. I have decided to make my personal emails private for Outlook Express because my box is always full and spammers get passed anti-spam software by creating new email address and IPs.

So, if anyone wants to contact my sites from now on they have to join the Forums otherwise it wasnt important enough anyways.

Comment

Working...
                X