Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to upload free osCommerce template

Hi,
    I like one of the free osCommerce templates for my site and downloaded it. How do I change to this one for my site?
    Thanks
    Sharon

www.cellulardiscountwarehouse.com

Re: how to upload free osCommerce template

Sharon,

Didnt include instructions or a text file for you to open, read and install?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Karen,
      I have the same problem as Sharon. I have the read me text info, but install the unzipped file where?
      I have BluVoda website, all my pages (except my products page) that I want arranged and ready to go, and my index(home) page published.
      I have installed OS, have started to configure and add products. I just received my free template from OS that I want to use for my products page only.
      Is this possible or should I just use the BlueVoda template for my products page as well. Am not having trouble with any other part of OS. Is this a case of "If it's not broke, don't mess with it?"
      AngieE

www.willowwindgifts.com. Name Meaning Personalized Gifts. Original Photographs and Poetry on Bookmarks and Framed.

Comment

Angie,

You have to ftp the template files to the OSC folder and i believe you follow the path in the zipped file. you find the corresponding folders or create the template folders you need there. I know theres a tutorial for uploading or modifying templates on the oscommerce forum, ive read it or seen it. Im not currently working in that so I cant answer you definatively without going over there myself, which.. I dont have time for, but if you do a search for customized templates or customizing a template or uploading a template Im positive you will find some information.

With that said, BV and OSC arent compatible. Your BV site will have to LINK over to the catalogue site where the OSC resides.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen,
          Thanks for replying so quickly. I'll try ftp. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks again.
          AngieE

www.willowwindgifts.com. Name Meaning Personalized Gifts. Original Photographs and Poetry on Bookmarks and Framed.

Comment

If anybody can give me a url to see a vedio that how to install a oscommerce template.
            Dunks
            Chanel Handbags
            Iso9000 认证
            Dunks
            Coach Handbags

Comment

This Link takes you to the Official osCommerce Support Forum discussing template installations ..... and if you want some Free (of course) Video Tutorials, your find VodaHost's HERE, and specific Tutorials on how to upload/edit templates HERE and other general tutorials HERE, HERE, and even HERE.

I think you now have all you need to make your individual progress unimpeded from here on!
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I see the how to on the templates 1-13, but what about the nice ones?

Comment

You can only use templates FORMATTED for OSC on an OSC site. The instructions would be the same.. provided its an OSC template. When you say NICE ones...you leave too many variables there.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                  X