PDA

View Full Version : Creating buttons in SWiSHmax

darklight
10-26-2006, 12:12 AM
Hi guys

I am currently using the demo version of SWiSHmax, So far it has been really good to use, but I have a problem. I want to create navigation buttons eg "Home, About us, Contact Us" etc.. I have created the buttons, but I dont know how to get them to link to the desired pages. (I have not started the pages yet.)

I am guessing some form of scripting has to be done, but I am really confused! Any help will be superb!

Thanks

Teri

dawnbreaker
10-26-2006, 11:49 PM
Hello Teri

It's quite straightforward, highlight the object you wish to perform the link, then go to Insert, from the drop down list select Script, then you will see another list & from this select Browser/Network then GetUrl and I think that you will find it easy from there.

Any problems email me brian@dawnbreaker-solutions.com

Cheers
Brian

darklight
10-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Hey Brian,

Thank you for answering! I have managed to do it after about 4 hours of screaming at my computer hehehe.
Thanks again!
Teri

dawnbreaker
10-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Hey Brian,

Thank you for answering! I have managed to do it after about 4 hours of screaming at my computer hehehe.
Thanks again!
Teri

No Problem, whilst I don't claim to be a 'World Class Expert' in Swish but I do use it every day - so any problems then just email me.

Cheers
Brian

darklight
10-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Excellent! *notes down your email addy* :) Thank you!
I really like this software. I have macromedia flash and yes, I know its more powerful than Swishmax, but I dont actually like it. Once my 14 days runs out with Swish, I am going to buy it. I will be a poor student!
Teri

dawnbreaker
10-27-2006, 10:14 PM
Excellent! *notes down your email addy* :) Thank you!
I really like this software. I have macromedia flash and yes, I know its more powerful than Swishmax, but I dont actually like it. Once my 14 days runs out with Swish, I am going to buy it. I will be a poor student!
Teri

Teri,

Keep this thread going and we'll both be promoted, promotion obviously means more pay and you'll not be a poor student any more!

Brian

darklight
10-27-2006, 11:16 PM
I like your thinking!!! Everyone should use Swishmax, its easy to use, Affordable (Poor student or not!!) - hey thats what parents are for ;)

dawnbreaker
10-27-2006, 11:49 PM
Have you checked to see if Swish do an 'Academic' version? Most software companies do and they're heavily discounted.

Better stop this thread otherwise we'll be promoted which means more pay and then Gordon Brown will definitely step in and take the increase & more!

dawnbreaker
10-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Teri

Lucky you - Swish offer 80% discount for the Academic version!!!

Brian

darklight
10-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Woooooo! superb!!!! Brian, thank you sooo much!!
Teri

dawnbreaker
10-29-2006, 03:36 PM
Woooooo! superb!!!! Brian, thank you sooo much!!
Teri

No problem Teri, I've now been promoted! Carry on like this and you'll be saluting me and calling me Sir!

Cheers
Brian

PS I assume that you will be ordering the software direct from Swish?

darklight
10-29-2006, 04:16 PM
Indeed I will, Sir! hehe
Teri

Highspeed
12-28-2006, 01:10 AM
Hey Dawnbreaker, where can I get the Swish software from?

darklight
01-16-2007, 04:49 PM
Hi, Highspeed,

You can download the free trial from here: http://www.swishzone.com/index.php

Regards
Teri

amilia
04-08-2007, 01:05 AM
Hey Brian,

Thanks again!
Teri

Hie terry , i am having the same problem you had in linking the buttons and and brian's suggestion is only a half way run . Can you please tell me how you got the next half done and how to do it .
Thanks amilia

Vasili
04-08-2007, 01:40 AM
You can find the best "acedemic" and discounted prices for software HERE (http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-1900871-6341646). http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/images/icons/icon12.gif